Pub Quiz Venue? Help.

edited November 2008 in Local discussion
It's my Birthday on Tuesday 16 December, and I am planning on hosting my own pub quiz for friends, family and people I know off the internet. I was hoping — given that it's almost empty every Tuesday — that The Noble would be helpful. Sadly, they want a minimum-spend of £1200 on the bar. I estimate about 40 people will turn up, which means £30 per head. i don 't think that'd fly. So, I'm looking for somewhere else. Any ideas? Thanks, matt

Comments

• edited 11:23AM
    Hmmmm. I had a wander over to the North Nineteen pub on Sussex Way the other week (slightly beyond Stroud Green borders, but only about a 15 min walk from the Dairy), and it was really quiet - despite being a pretty decent pub. In fact, last week it won a Fancyapint.com award for most improved pub of 2008. It has two bars - I'm sure that you could book one of them, and given how quiet it was, sure it would be a lot lot less than a £1200 min spend too. Definitely had a PA system too. Not in the most picturesque of settings, mind...
    I really like the North Nineteen. A lovely pub. In a similar vein, you might want to try the Lansdowne, though that might be a bit big.
    I tell a lie, I didn't mean the North Nineteen, I meant the Star at N19 - which is great. (I have no opinion about the North Nineteen). That might be perfect for you, Matt. <http://www.thestar-n19.co.uk/>;
    This may get me struck off, but does it have to be in the area?
  • edited November 2008
    In the area? Preferred, but not necessary. Thanks for the suggestion(s) so far. Obviously, once everything is confirmed I will extend the invite to sg.org
    northnineteen is looking very promising. yippee!
    hooray!

(and i do love pub quizzes)