Interesting hairdressing facts

edited February 2011 in Local discussion
This lunchtime I counted 15, yes fifteen hairdressers, from the station up to Sainsbury's. That is all.

Comments

• edited 10:41AM
    So beautiful that hairdressers and wig sellers can live side by side in perfect harmony.
    This doesn't include wig sellers, this is hairdressers only in SG...albeit some I personally wouldn't frequent not requiring extensions or a weave.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    This thread invites more Vitor love from Tollington Tom.
  • edited February 2011
    Well...over the years my family and I have tried most hairdressing establishments locally, even including Doreens, but excluding Beyond Glam (we are quite a hairy bunch and aren't self deluded to think we could go 'glam' let alone beyond it...) . And, yes you're right Vitor wins hands down, for reasons that are widely understood and quietly celebrated.

On the wig front, I'm never sure who buys them, but there must be a market given the scalps hanging round for sale. So far V has not branched into wigs...

TT
    i would perhaps challenge the 'quietly' in the previous post.
    @ Four Eyes - I know, that's my point! They can happily co exist, despite the wigs' role of MASKING the hairdressers' best efforts.
    i bought my first wig on saturday!! stupidly, we went into pak's hair first, and there were only five wigs yet thousands of hair extensions. we came out and realised we should of course have gone straight into pak's wigs. my friend even got a discount on her wig, just for being beautiful! no such luck for me.
    It must be a disappointment to Mr Pak, having so carefully branded his shops, to see a customer go into Pak's Hair for a wig.