Police vans outside Pak's this evening

edited August 2011 in Local discussion
I go away to Edinburgh for the weekend and when I come back there are three Dorset Police vans and a dozen officers outside Pak's hair centre on SGR. What have you lot been up to??
(Walked past about 6.30pm, looked like things were winding down.)
Also half an hour later there were yet more police cars which pulled up outside the block of flats across from Tesco. Linked perhaps? Anyone know what's been happening around here?

Comments

• IanIan
    edited 2:02AM
    My guess is that it is part of the policing for the Notting Hill Carnival. They have probably bought additional police strength in from other forces that are probably being deployed elsewhere in London whilst the Met takes the strain in Notting Hill. It's a convenient place to get to and park to get into London for them.
  • edited 2:02AM
    The Heddlu were driving down SGR on Saturday night.
  • JakJak
    edited 2:02AM
    They've either come a long way to back the MET up , or their Tom Tom isn't working !
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Forces from around the country have been supporting the Met since the recent riots and in the lead up to Notting Hill Carnival.

This is to bring in additional resources in what has been a very busy time, and to allow Met officers, who have been working very long hours with little time off a chance to rest.

PC Paul Kane
    Stroud Green Safer neighbourhood Team
    Thanks for the update on what's going on. Much appreciated.
  • edited September 2011