Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Parkland Walk

AliAli
edited September 2011 in Local discussion
recieved this which i thought I would share. I think membership is £1 and I guess this type of activity will become more important again with the council cutting back so much on Parks that PW will be far down the list as far as they are concerned. Good fun and good exercise ! To Friends of the Parkland Walk As autumn approaches the Walk looks great and I hope you are all enjoying it. Do you want to help make it even better to look at and easier to use? We will be having another active work session on Saturday morning, 24 September, from 1000 to 1200. Meet on the bridge over Stapleton Hall Road in Stroud Green. We will be clearing back nettles, brambles and other growth along the path on the Walk and around the entrances from the road, and of course picking up litter. We will also need people to act as lookouts, and to hand out leaflets and recruit new members, so not all the work will be too arduous. You might like to bring your own gloves and secateurs, but a good selection of tools and gloves will be provided by BTCV (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers) who will be supporting us. Wear old clothes and stout footwear – there are nettles and brambles. Everyone welcome (though not suitable for small children). No need to confirm – just turn up. regards, David Warren Chair, Friends of the Parkland Walk