Warning: 210 Spaniards!

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• edited 6:30AM
    Not straight to Golders Green, Miss Cara. I made the journey in the opposite direction yesterday, from Golders Green Rd, and it took ages. I was in no hurry, and really enjoyed the ride, into territory that I scarcely knew. North along Finchley Rd, then east along the North Circular, Falloden Way, Lyttleton Rd, and finally south along the gorgeously mansion-laden Bishop's (who he?) Avenue. A simply enormous detour, with loads of traffic, so you were probably right not to try it, if in a hurry.

It is annoying the way these things are done, and the lack of info when you are already embarked on your journey. An ex- bus driver friend told me that all sorts of things have to be taken into account, when fixing a diversion: narrowness, safety, and whether the locals might object.

Did you know that you can get a daily update email from Transport for London, which arrives on the dot of 10.00? Not much use to workers, for that reason, but I glance at it every day, to find out about local buses, tube lines, and the overground.

I can't remember how long this diversion will last, and the route FP - GG may be slightly different, but I may even try it the other way, as my week often includes the 210. Top deck front, not just for children - we OAPs favour it as well!
    @Checkski - it's what you young'uns get up to on the back seat of the top deck that worries me.
    think that spaniards road is closed for two weeks
    I guess I was last a young'un at the back of a bus in the 60's, Krappy. I don't remember seeing you there. I guess you were busy being conceived at the time. We were up there for a smoke, my peers and I. Remember top deck smoking? The stench! The filth! I think I'll settle for my Freedom Pass and my Zimmer,and the nice clean air, etc. The 60's had one thing over today, however: no phones, gadgets, music, yelling...

@dion. That's right. 6/11, to be precise.
    Lordy, I hated the 210 so much when I worked in Hampstead. When it's not on diversions it takes an age to get to Hampstead in the mornings. A combination of the one way bit at the Spaniards, endless streams of school run parents in tractors and the busy junction at Jack Straw's Castle slows in down to a crawl. It regularly took 20 minutes or more to get from Highgate to Jack Straw's. I did that journey for four years and ended up getting off and cutting across the Heath at least twice a week. It's horrendous!