[...]

Comments

• The Stapleton is nice but informal, music pub tables etc.maybe tv. Season if open is your best bet for quality. Or I would go to somewhre like monkey nuts in crouch end (also informal , not posh. St John in archway fantastic but u may not got in and 25 min walk. Chang
  • I forgot chez lilline (see other disco) . Good food but you have to make allowances for quite drab decor. But think of it as ironic . If this was in Highgate or Camden with better furniture etc it would be rammed and high prices. Chang
  • <p>Dairy is lovely for lunch as long as there's no football. If you don't mind going a bit further afield the Landseer on Landseer Road is great. Takes about 10/15 mins to walk from SGR - annoyingly they don't have a website.</p><p> </p>
  • @missannie: Thanks .. the Landseer looks like it might do the job.
  • Second the Landseer, or N19 if your visitors are keen on beer.
  • Bit late now but I recommend Sunday lunch at N19 (great beef) or Shaftersbury Tavern do very good food too.  
  • Noble has a new chef and probably worth supporting - I'd be interested to see some reviews.   Don't know if they still do Sunday lunch though....not sure if they have a website.<br>
  • The food in The Noble is now very good indeed. The interim chef who offered the chicken with banana dish is history. Banana? Not plantain, banana!