Somewhere to play drums!

edited May 2012 in Classifieds
<font face="Franklin Gothic Medium" size="3" style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 12pt; ">Hello,</font><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "></font></div><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">I am a professional drummer and live in the area and love it very much - that's how I found out about Stroudgreen.org! <br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "></font><div style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><font face="Franklin Gothic Medium" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 12pt; "><br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "></font></div><div style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><font face="Franklin Gothic Medium" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 12pt; ">At the moment I am desperately looking for a space were I could practice and leave my drums.</font></div></div><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font face="Franklin Gothic Medium" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; font-size: 12pt; "><br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "></font></div><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">It needs to be secure and of course I would need to be able to play without disturbing anyone. </font><span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-family: 'Franklin Gothic Medium'; font-size: medium; ">(Any kind of basement would probably be the perfect place.)</span></div><div style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3"><br></font></div><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">Please do not hesitate to get in contact, I would be very happy to come around to take a look and have a chat any time.</font></div><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; "><br style="text-indent: 0px !important; "></font></div><div style="font-family: Tahoma; text-indent: 0px !important; "><font class="Apple-style-span" face="'Franklin Gothic Medium'" size="3" style="text-indent: 0px !important; ">Thank you.</font></div>

Comments

• Try the shop next to ChristoperCharles. They are renting out space before the licence for next venture goes through. Other place are Moray Arms function room or Refugee Therepy Centre in Leeds Place - a great venue. Chang
  • Call up the owners of Oxford House (big white building on Oxford Road by the entrance to the Park). One of the groups there keeps a drum kit, or did.
  • Hi guys,<div><br></div><div>Thanks for the suggestions, I didn't know about any of these places so I really appreciate your help.</div><div>I'll go and check on them over the weekend!</div><div>Any other places/ideas are welcomed.</div><div>Thanks again!</div>
  • My neighbour plays his drums in his flat - if only he was as considerate as you!
  • Oh, I wish all neighbours were as tolerant as you!!!<div>But really, having someone drumming next door isn't something that anyone should be put through unwillingly.</div>
  • edited May 2012
  • It's coming from the flat below, and being woken by drum practice is particularly unpleasant. Who on earth plays drums in their flat and assumes nobody will mind?! (My neighbour, obviously!)<br><br>How did you get on with those spaces which were suggested?<br>
  • <div>Thanks for asking!</div>In the end my weekend was busy with rehearsals so I didn't get a chance to go and check out the places...<div>I'm hoping to do so this coming one!</div><div>I did drop into the the Charteris Coop though and they will let me know if they come across something suitable.</div><div>Fingers crossed!</div><div>Maybe when I find a place I can let you know and I could share expenses with your noisy neighbour!</div>
  • I was thinking that you and the neighbour might like to share costs - though it might need to be somewhere fairly roomy to store two sets of drumkits! <br><br>I know of a few rehearsal rooms in the area but not anywhere which would be suitable for storing your drums - if I think of anywhere, I'll let you know. And do keep me posted (drummers sticking together, etc....)<br>