Garden bits and pieces wanted for WI charitable/community gardening project!

edited October 2012 in Sharing
Hi, Stroud Green WI is beginning a garden improvement project for a local refuge which takes in women fleeing abusive relationships (it's currently less of a garden than a paean to concrete). If the onset of autumn has got anyone clearing out garden stuff, we would appreciate your unwanted bits and pieces! Compost/soil, planters, bulbs/seeds, those old railway sleepers you collected 10 years ago for raised beds and never used etc... We will collect! Thanks very much. 

Comments

• We have got some old railway sleepers in our garden. We got them in a reclamation yard but never used them because we subsequently discovered they have been creosoted which (according to some gardening blogs although others say it is fine) is supposed to be carcinogenic - we thought it might be problematic as were intending to grow vegetables and I was worried about poisoning our unborn childen. If you are just planning to grow flowers and shrubs in the refuge garden I'm sure they would be fine. They are in our garden in Florence Road. My boyfriend also offered them to the Parkland Walk Committee who said they were interested but never came to collect - this was about 6 months ago. They are yours if you want them. I keep nagging my boyfriend to take them to the tip.
  • @Lololala, that would be lovely, thanks so much. Will PM you.
  • Nothing to offer, but just wanted to say that it's a great thing to do. Gardening is therapy. <br>
  • I hope it isn't too late: I have been trying to get rid of  decent length of garden hose if that will be of any use?<br>
  • Hi @therattle, thanks for your offer! I'll find out if hose is needed - it's not something I'd even thought about (am not, personally, much of a gardener!) - and get back to you.