International Space Station passes

edited June 2013 in Local discussion
Just saw the ISS passing! For anyone into that sort of thing, next passes tonight are at 02.01 & 03.37, both west to east. 

Comments

• Why were you able to post at night? Has Andy finally decided we're all adults? :-) <br><br>No offense, Andy, just teasing. <br><br>If I'm still awake at 2.01, I'll certainly take a look. Thank you. <br>
  • The forum doesn't close 'till about 1am.
  • Ah, okay. Thank you.<br>
  • Tonight's passes: <span style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">23:39, 01:12, 02:48. The latter 2 will be the brightest.</span>
  • Uh, I'll take a look. Thanks.<br>
  • I don't look at lights in the sky. Not since reading Day of the Triffids. Just in case.<br>
  • I'd look away fast if it was green!
  • I saw it and I think I also saw it last week during the day, is that possible? I was on the roof in Dalston and couldn't figure out what that fast going thing in the sky was.<br>
  • I don't know enough about it to know if it would be visible in the daytime, but I don't think there were any passes over the UK at all last week. There are other visible satellites, though, so perhaps it was one of them?
  • That might be. We assumed it must be a satellite. It glistened silverish against the blue sky in the sun. It didn't look like a plane or helicopter and didn't make a sound. At least it wasn't to hear. So might have been. So interesting to see those thingies circle around earth. I'm quite fascinated by all everything to do with space.<br>