Small single bed to borrow?

edited June 2013 in Sharing
Possibly a long shot but... Does anyone have a small single bed I could borrow for a couple of weeks in July? I have a friend staying with her 7-year old, and can't get a full-sized single into the same room with a double! I can collect, of course. Thanks very much!

Comments

• Will a blow up do? I may have one in the closet. Can check tonight when I get home.
  • edited June 2013
  • Thanks @cristo - I've got a blow-up though, am after something more bed-like.
  • I have a small folding single I got from freecycle for a similar round of family visits. It's smaller than standard single size, wooden slats, low to the ground - clean and new looking. I put a teenage boy on it and he (politely, as far as I can tell) wasn't all that keen, but it would probably do better for a 7 year old! Let me know if you're interested. I can measure it if it would help - currently tucked under stairs and I can't remember exact dimensions ...
  • @conformable_kate, that sounds just the thing, and if you wouldn't mind measuring it, I'd really appreciate it. They're not arriving till 14/7, so no rush - I just thought I should start asking around in good time!
  • Hi vetski - it's 200 x 70 cm, more or less - I measured it without unfolding because it's in the cupboard under the stairs and extracting it is going to be scary. Let me know if you'd like it - I buzz about in the car a lot (the shame - I do have a bicycle) and can easily drop off some time.
  • @vetski - just wondering if you still need this? No problem if not. I would have sent a message but I always forget how ...
  • hHi Kate, there's been a big change of plans, so no, I don't. Thanks so much for offering it, though!<div><br></div><div>To send a private message, click on the screen name of the person you want to message. On the page that then comes up, there's a sidebar on the left - and about halfway down, you'll see 'Send X a message'. Click on that, type your message, and hit Send. </div><div><br></div><div>Have a lovely weekend!</div>
  • useful info! I've done it before, but not often enough to remember how ...