urgent-awful-development-at-64-68-stapleton-hall-road

edited November 2013 in Local discussion
<a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/2163/urgent-awful-development-at-64-68-stapleton-hall-road/p2">http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/2163/urgent-awful-development-at-64-68-stapleton-hall-road</a><div><br></div><div>Just following on from this discussion about the planning, I am surprised at how incredibly ugly this building is and how it seems to have been designed by a small child with a weak sense of perspective and poor hand eye coordination. </div><div><br></div><div>I can't think of any redeeming features whatsoever. </div>

Comments

• It actually makes me feel sick to my stomach when I see it. <div><br></div><div><a href="http://www.stephentaylorarchitects.co.uk/projects/">http://www.stephentaylorarchitects.co.uk/projects/</a> for some other work - why did we get the really ugly stuff?</div>
  • Welcome to the future of London living.  A townhouse on a T-junction on a bus route on a nuclear train track.<div>Shall we start the bidding at a square £1,000,000?   I like how the front door opens onto the street.  </div><div><br></div><div>But where will they put their bins?</div><div><br></div>
  • edited November 2013
    @dion: "why did we get the really ugly stuff?" weak planning committee? lack of local response to the planning application? &c... [although to be honest, having seen the other lego builds proudly vaunted on this outfit's website, is there anything but childish ugly stuff?]
  • @andy why are these older discussions 'closed' ? Not a good idea - ppl cud have kept this argument going and maybe rang alarms about this carbuncle. . Chang
  • edited November 2013
    <span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;">@chang<;/span><div><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><br></span></div><div><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Life is very long</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Between the desire</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">And the spasm</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Between the potency</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">And the existence</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Between the essence</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">And the descent</span><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small;"><span style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial; font-size: small; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Falls the Shadow</span></div>
  • edited November 2013
    Spasm ? Yes I know Hull is city of culture and swindon will be next (eg billie piper)but u ain't making it any easier for us stroudies to keep the fire up on these carbuncles with your natty rhymes. Chang
  • <div>I'm sorry that because of idiot trolls bumping ancient threads that we had to close discussions more than two years old. In the same way that I'm sorry that we have to close the site at night because of idiot drunks. </div><div><br></div><div>But yes, you're obviously right. It's my fault those houses got built.</div><div><br></div><div>And whilst I'm pleased you think it's a natty rhyme, it is TS Eliot rather than my own work. Eliot has been called many things, but rarely 'natty'.</div>
  • Andy. Are you calling me an idiot troll? After years of posting not very interesting comments on this forum I am deeply offended and might keep my inane thoughts to myself in future.
  • That really wasn't directed at you, Dion.
  • I miss Sincers. I'd love to know his friend's view on some of the recent developments. Seems like he was spot on with this one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2013
    @dion - no, because you didn't bump an old thread. There was a spate of it a while ago, and so it made more sense to close very old discussions. Chang has helpfully pointed out that we didn't think through the consequences of immediate, unchecked housing development that happened as a result of that decision.