Year of the Bus

124»

Comments

• Re 236. Im talking about 'our' end of the route, WCB. Am I right? Why did they stop it going up SGR?
  • Aw, I saw the tail end of this event but didn't know about it in advance so missed most of it.  The photo looks great!   Was I sleepwalking the last week or two or were there no posters?  I am glad you got your bus stop sutent!   I waited at the lego one outside Hamleys this week - perhaps I could recreate that one in my house...
  • In the 60's & 70's the 236 always used to park outside the Silver Bullet, next to were the 19 docked and only travel back to Blackstock Rd, so I never remember it coming up SGR.
  • The main thing I miss with the 236 is the all-night service, that was very handy for getting back from Dalston.
  • ADGS, originally when I first started work in 1968 there was a train from FP Station that ran to Broad St (now Braodgate) via Dalston Junction that was great. Ran via tunnel that is next to Emirates. In those days the tube ran from FP (where Victoria Line is) to Moorgate, picking up the same line as H & I and the overland trains from Hertfort North ran to Moorgate, via Kings Cross York way, then a loop alongside the Met line into Moorgate. As you can guess everything worked really well and was quick...then some bright spark decided to change everything!
  • <p class="MsoNormal">Remember the painted Elephants sited around London a few years ago well apparently there is going to be something similar with 60 new route master bus scuptures painted by well known artists placed around London from late September.<br></p>So you should be able to go “bus spotting” and there is an auction during November.<span style="mso-spacerun:yes"> <br></span>
  • @WCB Thanks for this. Finsbury park was very useful to get around in the old days. I was trying to remember this morning if I ever went to Broad Street as child. I guess with the installation of routes to Moorgate on the weekend it will be easier to get East directly from Finsbury Park
  • Some of the new routemaster bus sculptures are on dis[lay ina TfL shop at St Jame Park Station if you want an early look.<br>
  • loads of new routemaster bus sculptures  in Trafalger Square <br>
  • Ooooo splendid! Going through there later.