Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Creative Writing Group

edited February 2014 in Classifieds
<div class="discussion" data-category-id="844301:Category:42208"><div class="description"><div class="xg_user_generated"><p><b>Creative Writing</b> <b>Sunday</b> or <b>Monday eves</b></p><p><b>6-8pm</b> Stroud Green, north London N4</p><p><strong>Cost:</strong> £76 payable in advance for 12 weeks</p><p>If you are working on a specific writing project and/or want help developing your creative writing skills you might like to join a regular writing group. Improve your writing technique and benefit from the structure of regular workshops. </p><p>I am a published author, editor and critic as well as an experienced creative writing tutor. I run two separate writing groups on Monday and Sunday evening and have a couple of spaces in each one. I run them in blocks of 12 and we meet alternate weeks. On the days we don’t meet, you submit work to me (max 500 words) for one to one feedback via email which will give you the opportunity to explore your own methods and writing rhythms at the same time as receiving guidance and support. Members of both groups are warm and committed, work in various professions and range in age from 16 to 55 years.</p><p>We generally begin each class by reading and examining text/s that illustrate the various topics. This will be followed by writing exercises. In the final part of the session everyone reads aloud from their work.</p><p>This takes place in a relaxed, safe environment. It is also intended to be a fun, social setting where you can meet new people, write, and share your words with others. You will be able to write and receive feedback in a supportive atmosphere. </p><p>Some of the subjects we will explore are 'show, don't tell', character, dialogue, conflict, tension, point of view,  narrative arc, climax and resolution, editing and how to write a synopsis.</p><p>For further info and dates starting in March (Mondays) and April (Sundays) 2014 contact lucyjpop@gmail.com</p></div></div></div>