D'Angels - Replacement shop

Looks like there some work going on in the former D'Angels tattoo shop (between Ivory and Sunshine Cafe by Fiveways).  Anyone know what is happening here? Looked like wooden display untis similar to the Organic Food Shop were being put in...<br>

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Maybe a tat shop or a pound shop
  • edited March 2014
    I love pound shops, been in two in Walthamstow this morning. The one opposite FP tube is good, but the one in Muswell Hill is magnificent, full of treasure. I got all the baubles for our Central London shops from the local 99p shops, they are a wonder.
  • A deli crossed with a pound shop?<div><br></div><div>I was thinking the other day that the real sign of gentrification will be when the building next to Nando's (you know, the one with the minicab office out front and the car workshop behind it) becomes a holistic pilates studio with Alexander technique practitioners, rolfers, and a meditation garden.</div>
  • edited March 2014
    Even Hampstead doesn't have a meditation garden! We are doing Alexander technique at WI soon though.
  • The Alexander technique is great. 
  • Yes, I'm really looking forward to it, I'm told it's great for alleviating back pain. I have scoliosis which means that my back and one shoulder are painful every day, anything that can help manage that is welcome.
  • The lady that owned D'Angels is a very successful businesswoman and the staff were always fun and professional as well as reasonably priced by London tattoo standards. I don't think labelling them 'slag tags' is very fair. I'm sad to see them priced out of the area - to be replaced by more organic veggies probably.
  • @no one do you think that the landlord has put up the rent so much that d'angels can't continue trading?<div><br></div><div>does anyone know why d'angels has stopped trading in this location?</div><div><br></div><div>personally i don't think that commercial rents are going as hay wire as residential rents/capital values</div><div><br></div><div>there are still a few empty premises on SGR which should help restrain prices</div>
  • Someone brought a cat in before Christmas with its owners name and address tattooed on its side. I generally hate cats but I did feel sorry for it. What if the family moved ? Chang
  • That term refers to tattoos in a particular place, tramp stamp is another expression that the young folk use for tattoos in the same place.
  • edited March 2014
    Second person in a few days has spoke highly of the Muswell  Hill £ shop, will need to get up their.<div><br></div><div>Mr T got his last tatt at White dragon in CE, did a  very good job.</div>
  • I'm not sure if it was rent alone that drove them out but for a few weeks they had both stores running and I was chatting to them to see if the SGR one was closing and they said it was 'inevitable'. <div>For a while, one of my tattoos was in their shop window and I love it. They had a lot of different artists come and go but the 2 they have now are excellent - especially the female whose name escapes me. </div>
  • @ Noone.  I don't have a tattoo but appreciate good artistic ones and I liked the aesthetic of the shop. It's a pity these type of shops are not more prevalent on SGR.  They have a lot more character than boring trendy eateries.
  • In China only prossies have tattoos. When they come here or America they are shocked that birds ruin there looks even Cheryl cole who is gonna be a granny with an oils slick on her back when she hits 50. Chang
  • Some of my best female friends have lovely artistic tattoos on various parts of their bodies They've embraced our short temporary bodies that will be buried or burnt with relish.   Maybe I'm lucky I live in a different world than Chang does where tattoos are not nasty symbols of gangster life.
  • edited March 2014
    It's a cultural and sometimes religious thing, they mean something quite different in other parts of the world where they are associated with slavery, persecution and oppression. The Torah forbids permanent defacement of your body, not sure about other books of faith. The history, language and symbolism of tattoos is fascinating. Russian prisoners designs have merited entire books. I would never have one but a couple of (male) pals of mine are almost entirely covered in tattoos, and I do admire the skill and some of the beautiful work I've seen them have done in places like the Family Business.
  • I love tattoos and have finally decided what design I will have. My last 2 girlfriends have had beautiful stunning tatoos which I was very jealous of. 
  • Sutent Why don't you have it on your knuckles mate? Right hand 'NO ' and left hand ' CLUE' . You could even have a question mark on your forehead! Chang
  • @chang. Good idea for a design. Thank you
  • I'm female and have over 20 tattoos. You can redecorate your house so why not your body too?<div><br></div><div>Oh and @Chang, one day we will have to sit down and discuss the difference between their, there and they're. If you ever decide to get a tattoo, please use the spell check function first. In return, you can educate me about the similarities between Cheryl Cole and those things that fly around Finsbury Park. </div>
  • <div><br></div><div>Concerning tattoos.  Miss Annie correctly pointed to the Torah but it's not only Judaic law that prohibits this but many other cultural laws.  I say transgress these stupid out dated laws and take control of your body.  If you're lucky you will only have it for for about 70 80 years before it is buried or burnt.  Don't let the stupid religious people who are barking mad tell you it's wrong to tattoo. Sadly this stupid religous attitude is part of common cultural attitudes now.</div><div><br></div><div>Religion is for idiots and the brain dead.  We live, we die. That's it.  Give me my life, not death.</div>
  • Good moto kreuzkav. The religious people opposing marriage being allowed for all people particularly annoyed me this weekend.
  • The opposition to gay marriage usually comes from religious bigots but also bigots who are atheist or agnostic but have buried their taboo realisation.  <div><br></div><div>People don't have to be practising an organised religion to be idiots. Look at the anti-tattoo attitude on here to see how hateful they are towards the body.  </div>
  • And people don't have to be idiots to excercise faith in any god/God of their choosing. Tolerance is the name of the game here, on all sides.
  • @ Miss Annie. Anyone who believes in God or an afterlife is deluded.  Where is the proof? And religion usually leads to all sorts of problems.  Look at Israel, a country created from some make-believe right to own land based on weirdo zionist belief.  But the West backed it up. <div><br></div><div>Before you kill me I hate Catholicism. I was baptised a catholic and it's ludicrous.  Even the liberal pope should be driven out of office.</div>
  • edited March 2014
    Like I said, tolerance is key. I respect someone's right to the leap of faith that is required to believe in the Higgs Boson without any physical evidence, I believe that the right to believe in whatever God you please should be afforded the same respect. <div><br></div><div>I am really not a fan of making fun of people due to their faith or lack of it. Except the Westboro Baptist Church, who are clearly badger shit mental.</div>