[...]

Comments

• Can't answer poll because I do the same as gardener-joe - lots of tweaking, in a range between about 17 and 23 depending how wimpy I'm feeling! This is partly because I can never remember from one winter to the next how to set the timer. Maybe this year I'll work out how to do it and simplify life.
  • If it's on, it's at a minimum of 20C; tweak range is 20-24C. The cats don't like the cold, you see!
  • You need 15 on your poll for me to vote<br>
  • wow you guys must have a high heating bill. I only turned on my heater 3 times last winter. Coats, jumpers and double socks indoors
  • proper Aussie Ugg boots is what you need to keep your feet warm !<br>
  • We haven't had our heating on yet since last winter (except for water and granddad's room in the downstairs flat which is roasting - he's 88 so that's necessary).<br><br>I aim to keep my room at 17 during the working day - in the days of high income and low energy prices I used to try and run the house at 20-24 like vetski, but that's too expensive now and I find I can work at 17 by simply wearing warmer clothes.  But below that my fingers start to get cold and even with fingerless gloves it's painful to type, so I switch my little heater on.  So 17 for my room which is what I polled.  <span style="font-size: 13.63636302948px;">At the moment it's 19.4 without even fully closing the window - so no need.</span><br style="font-size: 13.63636302948px;"><br>But we don't run the whole house at that level, we just run the central heating 2-3 hours a day unless it's extremely cold.  Normally my room is about 13 on a cold winter's day if I didn't heat it - so I suppose we're effectively running to hit 13 and I should have polled that.<br><br>If my wife had her way it would be colder still.
  • Duncan that's unusual as women due to the way their hypothalamus is programmed feel the cold more and are therefore likely to have heater on. I used to share an office with 4 girls and I was constantly fighting with them about temperature control and having the window open in the winter
  • My wife claims it's because she's more active.  I point out her office room is South facing and directly above granddad's room so about 2 degrees warmer than mine ... and on we go.  Some truth to all of these points, but I think it does vary from couple to couple which one likes it hotter.<br><br><br>
  • SG is <span class="Apple-style-span" style="font-style: italic;">so-</span>hot-right-now!
  • At most I turn it on around my morning shower. Hate heat. Hate it. Also, don't really understand centigrade. I wish the autumn would get colder again, the last couple of days have been far too warm.