New Members (very exciting!)

Comments

• edited 9:22AM
    I'm new. Been in Oakfield Rd for 5 yrs.
    Previously lived on Ferme Park Rd (does that count if N8?)
    And above the Londis on Ferme Park.
    Born and grew up at top of Crouch End in the estate on Hornsey Lane.
    I like Parkland Walk, Haringay Station, F Park tube, Pappagone and Porchetta and S Green Library..
    And the Fullback. Went to Chapter One once and it was alright...
    Hello Stroud Green. I'm new(ish) to the area, having already spent a year in Stroud Green Borders (or Crouch End as some call it). I'm very familiar with the pubs in the local area, but I have a lot of catching up to do with your restaurant recommendations. So I cannot as yet take sides in the great Pappagone/Porchetta wars.

I'm living up on Mount View Road (where there appears to have been a shooting last night, although maybe that should be a separate topic), which is definitely Stroud Green as in my London A-Z, the top of the "S" in "STROUD GREEN" would be in my back garden.

I never fail to be amused by the shop with the sign which spells its address as "Stround Green Road".

I own a cat, not a dog.

Will that do?
    Welcome! What about those Crouch End pubs. All change there. I'm going to put a notice on another thread I think.
    Hello to all. I've lived in the area since 1986 first in Ossian Road and then, since 1995, in Mount Pleasant Villas. I've looked at this forum from time to time more or less since it started up but have only just got around to joining.

I had a cat until last March when he died. I'm currently not terribly talkative largely because I have toothache.
    Hello Peter - you're not the owner of the elephant hedge are you? Two more members signed up today: verga and wisteria53. Welcome!
    The elephant hedge : wonderful isn't it? Not mine though; it's in Mount Pleasant Crescent while I'm in Mount Pleasant Villas. I don't even own a hedge.
    Hello

I have a hedge. It is quite large and probably ripe for being turned into an elephant.
    Morning All!!
    Is there anyone else from Romilly rd around here!? hope I'm not stretching the boundaries of SGR too much by joining!!

Anyway, I have a dog. Well, actually my wife has some pictures of someone's dog stuck to our fridge.

We don't have anything as grand as a hedge yet though, just some crazy weeds!
    I have been looking at the discussion boards on and off for over a year, but finally decided to join on impulse this weekend after reading about stabbings/shootings that I missed in the papers or on telly. Have lived in Mount Pleasant Villas for 20+ years....
    Hi both - thanks for joining in. We're fast approaching 300 members. Maybe we should celebrate it or something? Christmas party? Sell everyone's email to a marketing agency?
    @ wisteria53 - were you born in 1953, or do you live at MPV no. 53? hmm...
    Hi everyone. I live off the top of Stroud Green Road, up on the hill towards Crouch End. It means I get to walk along Stroud Green Road twice a day, emailing the council as I go with graffiti and dumped rubbish reports :-)

Looking at other threads, it looks to me traditional for new members to start off in a way that makes the regulars suspect they are really spamming marketers, so here's goes:

Buy my wonder product! Buy, buy, buy!
    PS Did I say, buy today!
    Hello! I'm about to move to Stroud Green from New York, with my partner and our cat. We've had to sort out accomodation from the other side of the Atlantic, and are considering a flat in Wall Court (which the estate agents failed to mention to us was ex local authority). Does anyone on here live there? Is it all right, or will we be stabbed by be-hoodied yooves? We're British and used to live in London - but we've no experience of Stroud Green itself, save the odd trip to Pappagone and pub quizzes at the Old Dairy years ago.

Thanks!
    Mark - Hello. Very funny. Are you a political blogger as well? Hi Gargoyle - Welcome to Stroud Green. I think we do have members in Wall Court. Though having been to NY in the summer (and loved it) I can't imagine why you'd want to come back....
    Only 8 to go till 300 members.
    Hi Andy - yup, that's me too. The mid-US champion fisherman is someone else though.
    Hello there. I live on an estate near the crossroads of Tollington Park Road and Hornsey Road. I used to live at the top of Finsbury Park Road, and I've been in Finsbury Park for around 6 years altogether.

Even though I'm now a five rather than two minute walk away from SGR, I hope that my allegiance can be accepted. When it's sunny I sometimes go to the Fullback, and I'm semi regular at Cats and Hummingbird. I also go to SGR whenever I'm in need of a wig. Passed the crossroads, I go to Tescos, Pappagones, and the Dairy / Larrick.

I once had an amazing eggs benedict at the Dairy. The greatest I've ever had.

Hullo!
    Hi Steve, Can you sort your wife out with an Addison Lee account or similar?
  • We have a bed in our garden. Maybe if we stuck some leaves on it we could make it look like a hedge.
    Every time I read "Black Sea Baby", I start hearing the tune "Black Hole Sun" in my head. This is almost enough of a reason to ban someone.
  • I understand your pain. Think what it has been like living my life since christening with soundgarden continually reverberating around my head.
    @andy & black sea baby - aw, thanks for the memories guys! That used to be one of my favourite songs. Andy, it will no longer just be playing in your head and just warning you, I only know 12 words of the song.
    Gentlepeople, just introducing myself after lurking for two months or so. I have moved to Marquis Road from (the grotty part of) Highbury around five weeks ago and really like it here. What else can I say? I am really nice and/althoughI have no dog. Looking forward to many amazing discussions and learning to do things the Stroud Green way.
  • edited February 2009
    Hey im Kelly-Marie,I am the new Ladies Hairstylist/Colourist at Chaps and Dames on Tollington Park Road,
    so thought i would drop in and introduce myself and hope to see you all in the salon soon :) x
    Did you/we reach 300 members?!

I'm new - from Highbury having made the radical step of moving 5 streets to Finsbury Park Road. Looking forward to getting to know Stroud Green and FP better.

I like the Parkland Walk, the Old Dairy is a friendly and very accommodating to groups with small children, Woodbine is a great local, while Au Lac and Il Bacio are still firm favourites. Good for Food on Blackstock Road is a new discovery and rather brilliant if very busy on a weekend.

And for those of you that don't know it - check out climbing at the Castle on Green Lanes. Best wall in London.
    Welcome - we are in fact just one registered user away from FOUR HUNDRED members. I think that is about 1% of the population of the SGR catchment area.
    i like the way you "apply" for an account to this site, but the only info you're invited to supply to support your application is your email address and password.

how often does the moderator think "oh dear, that's a bit of a zany email address, i bet he's a right prick, membership denied!"?
  • edited February 2009
    That has actually happened, in a sense, injoke. It's pretty easy to tell a spam domain and deny it. The idea was to minimise barrier to entry but keep it protected. If it was open spam would turn the content to shit quite quickly.
    speaking of which, have you guys tried the new McRib?

it's yumtastic! and so reasonably priced!
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    "Content"