Dry Cleaner

FinFin
edited March 2009 in Local discussion
Can anyone recommend a top notch dry cleaner in the area?

If not might a premium dry cleaners be an idea for Vista's development?

Comments

• edited 7:07AM
    we use pristine, which is just across from the new development, opposite-ish the world's end. the man in there is very sweet and he has always done a perfect job on stuff. he does ten shirts for ten pounds but i can't remember his other offers. he told me that they took it over last year and were finding business very slow, then he found out that the cleaners there before were famously bad and lost/nicked lots of stuff. he does shoes too and opens at 7.30. the one a bit further up, a few doors down from petek, got biro all over my boyfriend's shirts on two separate occasions. snow white my arse.
    In the past, we've used Stay Press 2 by Woodys. It's a bit more expensive than the place opposite the new development, but they do good work.

The last time I was there, however, the man tried to overcharge me by an extra item. I can multiply by three. Had to get out my phone and show him on the calculator that the price was wrong. Even then, he was a bit reluctant to admit it.
    I use Snow White just because Kieron is a nice chap. Never had any problems with suits. He apparently does all the dry cleaning for Pristine - who have machines, but supposedly they sub-contract the work to him too and just take the profit.
  • FinFin
    edited 7:07AM
    Thanks all. Sounds like there might be an opening for Vista then?
    I like Image, which does very good alterations. I had a nasty experience with Stay Press 2. I took them a large duvet to be washed (not even dry-cleaned, just washed in a large washer) and they asked for 14 quid up front. I came back when they'd said it would be ready, but it wasn't done yet. When I was finally able to collect it, I got it home and discovered they hadn't cleaned it at all, just stuck it into a new plastic bag. It still had a large patch of cat hair on it. I took it back and complained, but the man in the shop kept insisting that it had been cleaned, and said he couldn't give me a refund without the manager's permission, and the manager was away, etc.