books again

2»

Comments

• edited 12:55PM
    The recent crop of Browns are terrible: Dan, Gordon and Derren.
    The reviews are calling it "Harry Potter for Grownups", and while a similar premise to HP to start off with, it certainly isn't a children's book. A very good read if you like the sci-fantasy genre.... just finished yesterday: __The Magicians by Lev Grossman__.
    With JungleFaceJake on Dan Brown thing - happy to join a posse. Or am I? Hmm, perhaps if we just burnt the books? Hmm. Maybe, invent time machine and become Dan Brown's teacher/publisher etc. and absolutely discourage him from writing anything, ever. Dan Brown puts his ambition to good use and solves global warming. Everyone happy ever after. World saved from another example of appalling writing masked by slightly less worse plot.
    By-the-by, as I have a flag next to my name, maybe should start selling stuff. Services Offered: Have one golden retriever, good to go to make more golden retriever puppies. Will take one puppy for services rendered. (slightly off thread topic, I know - apologies for bridget jones style, not sure where that's come from. glasses of wine: none; time on own with only dog and internet for company: 6 hours; time spent avoiding getting down to my work: 2 hours)
    Cigarettes?
    hmm, dvds perhaps?
    Okay, back to books.... have just devoured __The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson__, his third book. It is so sad that he's died and there won't be any more to read about Lisbeth Salander. I love "detective/crime/mystery" books and also Haringey libraries for quickly buying a copy for me to borrow!