2009 Nerdy site stats

edited January 2010 in About this site
Nerdy 'review of the year" stats, because I know how some people like them and they're moderately interesting if you like that sort of thing:

<b>Traffic</b>
In 2009, the stroudgreen.org had a total of 106,621 unique visits and 527,983 pageviews. 93% of traffic was from the UK and most of that was from London. We had one visit from Rwanda, one from Peru and one from Moldova.

The busiest day for traffic was Friday 13 November, which was the day everyone checked in to find out about <a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1688/police-and-forensics-by-londis/">the attempted murder outside Londis</a>

The second busiest day for traffic was Monday 23rd March, when everyone checked in to read about the <a href="http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/1285/tollington-hornsey-road-shooting/">Hornsey Road shooting</a>.

So well done doctorlalloo and staplejack for breaking the biggest stories of the year. If there's a lesson here, it's that people like crime.

<b>Site Visitors</b>
31% of visitors used Firefox, 17% used Safari, 4% used Chrome and 1% used Opera. 45% used Internet Explorer. 9 people accessed the site using a Playstation 3.

At the start of 2009 there were 340 registered members. Now there are 735 registered on the site, which is more than one new person a day.

<b>Search engines</b>
The 50 commonest words used to find the site with search engines were:
stroud green
dotori
stroudgreen.org
stroudgreen
stroud green road
stroud green forum
chaps and dames
stroud green.org
n4 pub
coffee haven stroud green
hosts toggle
stabbing stroud green road
tollington fish chips
chez liline
chinese massage stroud green road
stabbing, stroud green
dinner box crouch hill
stroud green road stabbing
missfrancesca
home stroud green road
no there is an elephant in the way
stroud green medical clinic
www.stroudgreen.org
pub hornsey road
stroud green windows
old photos stroud green
two stops from paris
how can my oyster card have 2p on it
private dentist n4
the laundry sparsholt road
granville spinney
finsbury park lift
happy go lucky finsbury park
hornsey road
stroud green org
sugar lounge stroud green
dudley's pancake bar stroud green
stroud green bombings
limetta stroud green
stabbing stroud green
police stroud green road
the-front-room tollington
kebabalicious
m shah stroud green road
the wire site:www.stroudgreen.org
stround green
http://www.stroudgreen.org/
chaps & dames
shaftesbury hornsey road
fop twat

Comments

• edited 6:58AM
    Fop twat????
    I wonder if I should be alarmed that I appear to be a frequent search term? Are they in order of popularity?
    @krappy - one of David's favourites. Do a search.
    @missfrancesca - they are, i don't know why you're being stalked?

@krs - back in the day when there were more posts about music and silliness, Morrissey in particular split the crowd, as he always has.
    That's what we need - more posts about music and silliness and fewer about brands of supermarket and planning applications. And what happened to all the stupendously rude posts about cafes? Is this site turning into a branch of the citizens advice bureau?
    That's very impressive (the UK traffic rather than the Peruvian). Thanks for running the site for us all.
    I also want to say thanks for running this site, I find it really useful for keeping in touch with what's happening locally - great to see it becoming more popular.
    @ markpack - you're very welcome. For 'the peruvian' that is.
    I'm not proud to have broken that story about the stabbing near Londis.

But I would like to say thanks to everyone that helps run this site and keep it going.

I've actually used sg.org in a pitch to the NHS Primary Care Trusts board as a great example of how an online community can help a local community. They loved the idea.
  • IanIan
    edited 6:58AM
    Will add my grateful thanks. Since it started it's added to the great things about living here. I use it all the time as an example of why Government shouldn't try and run public information sites but should put information it has out there in a way local sites can scrape and use.
    I'm a new member and I love it so far, thank you to everyone involved.
    I have similarly championed sg.org as a paragon of social / community media websites (in stark contrast to crackbook, facetwit etc)
    Yes, thanks for sg.org, it keeps me entertained and I really value hearing everyone's opinion (even those people who like Woody's regardless of the fact that it is crap).

Would I live anywhere other than SG? As someone wise once said, "no there is an elephant in the way".
  • Loving the fact that, no there is an elephant in the way and how can my oyster card have 2p on it rank so highly. Genius.

And that's a lot of visitors/users etc too.

Keep up the good work. No doubt you're nosing around data.gov as we speak, but I wonder what other useful stuff might be lurking around there which might be worth digging out...
    Re: "why Government shouldn't try and run public information sites but should put information it has out there in a way local sites can scrape and use."

"Web founder Sir Tim Berners-Lee has unveiled his latest venture for the UK government, which offers the public better access to official data.

A new website, data.gov.uk, will offer reams of public sector data, ranging from traffic statistics to crime figures, for private or commercial use.

The target is to kickstart a new wave of services that find novel ways to make use of the information. "
    brilliant search terms. so long and thanks for all the fish
    How many posts per day do you get?