May have to move - where to look?

We've lived in the same flat for almost eight years. The location is perfect, but the flat is tiny, awkward and really doesn't suit our needs. We've only stayed because it's cheap. The landlord hasn't raised the rent in five years.

He's just announced that wants to put it up by £100 a month. It's still a good price for the area, but not for this particular flat. We're thinking of moving.

We'd prefer a private landlord over an agency, but I don't have a clue where to start. We found our current flat in The Loot. Does that even exist anymore? I've checked Gumtree, but it's slim pickings. Where else do private landlords advertise?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. We'd really like to stay in SG, just not in this flat.

Comments

• edited 10:09AM
    <A src="http://www.moveflat.com">MoveFlat.com</a> is mostly owners rather than agents I think
    We'll be letting our one-bedder on Oxford Road in about a month's time. would be good to have someone local in it. A local flat for local people.

Let me know if you're interested R_C.
    My friend who is also in the area and a charming peaceful person is looking for a one bedroom to move into in about 3 to 4 weeks ideally if you have contact details I could arrange a meeting or direct contact, -whichever suits. Depends on price as well obviously. How can landlords put up prices now of all times? Just had my lock-up garage price raised as well. The divide just gets greater!??
    My contact 07762 296 551, 0208 449 1411, -griffmayo@yahoo.co.uk
    Michael 'arthur righteous' Griffin
    Hi

I am interested in moving. I currently live on SGR but it's above a noisy restaurant and my landlord is threatening to give me two months rent if I call the council about it! I'd be interested in hearing about the let on Oxford Road. My personal email is onlyonebecky@hotmail.com or 07951 427 928.

Many thanks!
    Becky
    I meant two months notice, not rent! I am also charming and peaceful and need my peace. Also dependent on price. Anyway I look forward to hearing from you.
    You can edit you know, I was mighty confused.
    I've rented a place via Drivers & Norris on Holloway Rd for 16 years and have always found them very easy and fair to deal with as a management firm. These days they've got a decent repairs firm as well and they get things fixed quickly. All the other tenants they've got in to neighbouring flats have been easy to get along with, and the standard of places they showed me when I looked was way better than other agents - though that obviously was a long time ago.

Good luck, hope you find somewhere nice.
    I've found my last 2 on findaproperty.com. I've also used Hanley Estates on Hanley Rd. They are pretty efficient and pleasant to deal with. Good luck with it
    I have to move as well -

I need a flatshare in stroud green or crouch end.

Anyone got a room or wants to share?

email me on youcantforgetit@hotmail.com