Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Top Posters

Comments

• edited 6:05PM
    There were some militant squatters near where I live recently - they were eventually booted out but not before there had been a fair bit of hassle, graffiti everywhere and lots of self righteous notices outlining squatters' rights written on doors etc.

The thing is if they'd just kept themselves to themselves and not behaved like twerps, I'm sure no one would have noticed that they were there in the first place.

I don't really have anything against people living in empty buildings if that's what they want to do, but there do seem to be a few rather objectionable lifestyle squatters in the vicinity at the moment.
    Agreed - if people are using otherwise wasted space to do their own thing, or simply to live in, then fine. But making it into a tedious crusty Statement? Sod off.
    Precisely.

I presume daddy picked up the legal bill for defending their right to spraypaint the walls with post-ironic "anarchy" tags...
    Or if not, they'll make it back with some 'edgy' work for latecomers who can't quite afford a genuine Banksy.