Bye bye Noble, Noble bye bye?

124»

Comments

• JimJim
    edited 6:26PM
    god people are sad........if our lives come to lamenting about a pub.
  • edited 6:26PM
    According to legend it's the tomato juice in it that really does the trick.
    I don't think Jim was loved as a child.
    My brother's PhD was about alcoholism. It had a whole chapter on hair-of-the-dog treatments and connected attitudes. Apparently it's the most common way into clinical territory. It's true.
    Did his PhD have any bloody mary recipes in it?
    I have often wondered if there's any proper research into the different qualities of pissedness resulting from different drinks. Marquis, did your brother's doctorate cover that?
    I don't think so, I read it about 12 years ago and it was all very technical. The only thing I remember that was not medical jargon was the bit about the hangover cure myth, but that too turned back to technical after about a page. If you're really interested I can ask him to send it. He has since changed his special subject area because alcoholics can be quite unpleasant to spend your time with professionally.
    Thanks for the offer, but it doesn't sound like quite what I'm after.
    Let's hope it doesn't turn into another Chutney Ferrets hangout
  • I'm very hungover and this thread is making me feel queasy. Right now the thought of Bloody Mary hair of dog makes me shudder. Help! :(
  • edited October 2010
    I agree that's the trouble with the Bloody Mary as a hang-over cure. Normally I'm too hung over to face putting all that stuff in the blender, let alone turn it on. I prefer a strong cup of tea, some fried bread and greasy eggs. I think the Bloody Mary comes into its own as the first drink of the evening after the night before, or after a four day binge, when you can't take the taste of wine, beer or spirits any longer.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I should add, on a similar theme, that I had a very enjoyable Blue Moon at the ex-Larrick yesterday, and they were nice enough to go out and buy an orange to slice into it. Highly recommended.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I was only there for a bit around 3.30, and I suspect you weren't there till a more respectable hour, but glad to hear that they're taking to adding the orange without being asked :)