Gospel Oak Train Nostalgia

AliAli
edited October 2010 in Local discussion
The last of the old class 150 Trains on the Gospel Oak to Barking line are phased out on Thursday. It is expected that the last runs will be the 18.20 Gospel Oak to Barking and 19.02 return

Comments

• edited 9:42PM
    I won't miss them. The new trains are ace.
    They are splendid, and unlike the new Victoria Line trains they don't give up the ghost at the first sign of passengers boarding them.
    Those new trains are good. Even got proper space for my bike now. Old ones I'd be left in the middle awkwardly rearranging the bike at every stop to let people on and off as it didn't fit anywhere.
  • The old ones had a weird smell too.
    now all we need is for these trains to run on ... :

1/. to Clapham Junction

2/. to Euston, as they once used to do.
  • AliAli
    edited 9:42PM
    They used to go via Kentish Town which would be handy
  • edited October 2010
    Sadly I think you’ll always need to change at Gospel Oak, but there are direct services from there to Clapham Junction. The Euston connection won’t come back. However once the Bakerloo Line is re-extended to Watford Junction there is a plan to close the Euston-Watford Junction Overland service. In order not to leave Kilburn High Road and South Hampstead stations stranded they are planning to re-open the Camden Road-Willesden Junction service (currently freight only), and re-open Primrose Hill Station. That will be quite useful, especially for the Roundhouse. It makes me even more angry about the criminal destruction of the Victorian platforms and buildings at Primrose Hill though.
  • AliAli
    This might interest a few people <http://www.barking-gospeloak.org.uk/index.html>; it is the user group for the line. The refreshments tab tells which pubs are near to each station while the history tab is interesting
    Which line used to go via Kentish Town? It’s on a different line to the current Overground services isn’t it?
  • AliAli
    Look left before you get to Gospel Oak, you will see that the line goes down quite deep into a via duct and then into a tunnel. The platform at Gospel Oak used to be more on the bridge as you enter the new Platforms
  • AliAli
    Used to go to Moorgate which would be handy from Crouch Hill
    Ah, yes you can make out the connection between the GO-B and the Thameslink line on Google maps. That would be handy. Though you can of course go to Moorgate from Harringay, apart from late at night and weekends, annoyingly.