The Ashes

2»

Comments

• edited 1:41PM
    My, my. We're all over them again. Should have had them for less than 200, but 30 for none is a great start by strauss and cook.
    Ouch - what a difference a day makes!
    yippee! what a great performance. Bresnan was so good for a fifth choice seamer. And Swann's figures were very impressive. I agree with Beefy that our field could have been more attacking from the start of their second innings. We gave away a very quick first 50 runs that could have turned into a more solid total. I reckon we could have tied it up in 3 days. I can't wait till Sydney.
  • AliAli
    edited 1:41PM
    It was great being there and have got the T shirt ! Best one is the Barmy Army singing "You all live in a Convict Colony" to the tune of Yellow Submarine ! It was a strange crowd though for some reason a lot of grown up men were wearing nothing else but grown up nappies ! Seems liker rain has stopped play at Sydney with Aust at 111 for 2
    I'm jealous, Ali, wish I could have been there - maybe next time. Looking forward to the climax tonight! :)
    Nailed it. That's a legendary performance. Weird abberation in Perth, but otherwise a good thrashing. How depressing for the Aussies to have Prior wander in late doors and bag a ton. That's what Gilchrist used to do all the time; tables turned. In the town where I was born, lived a man who was a thief...