V for Vitor! Yes - SG star barber goes solo in Tollington!

Comments

• edited 5:01PM
    This definitely isn't Vitor posting. He does seem to have some committed fans though. But it's interesting that Tollington Park seems to have it's own version of the famous split that spawned Adidas and Puma. <http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8262040.stm>;
    I passed by the new salon on the way to and from work. It has quite a minimal look at the moment. Two people were in it. I imagine one was the legend that is Vitor.
    Can someone enlighten me as to who this 'Vitor' is? I Googled Vitor and all I got was a Brazilian heavyweight boxer and martial arts enthusiast. Do we have a martial arts hairdresser in Tollington Park? Who the heck is 'Vitor'? Should I care?
    Good luck Vitor with your new venture! Not that you've ever cut my hair, but I hope it's a success. You have some hillarious customers. I for one have really enjoyed TT's posts.
    Andy, For a brief moment I thought that your link was to a BBC story about the Chaps and Dames and Vitor split and that the pick-up of SG stories by local news was accelerating.
    Krappy - Vitor is a barber.

When asked specifically if he can; he feigns hair 'stylist' or hair 'dresser' skill and expertise. Then he gets his clippers out and gives you a barber's chop, not the promised 'do. OK for some, but not for me.

He's put his money where his mouth is (after complaining about his recent boss at Chaps & Dames) and set up a rivel barbers. Ooooooh!

Tollington Tom has some kind of a crush on him.
    I believe that the modern way of describing it is 'bromance'.
    Are you sure Andy? Sections of their posts appear to have been cut and pasted from the smae source

e.g.
    "has cut the hair of my whole family from 4 year old tot to grinning granny and all the fussy kids"

Not that i really care. Such surreal spam is kind of amusing
    Good to hear, He was always the talented one in Chaps and Dammes. The other guy thinks hes some big time Charlie! Always telling stories about how tough he is!
    Well, if Vitor was the chap that must make the other guy Damme, and Jean-Claude is fairly big time.
  • edited January 2011
    Both times I visited Chaps and Dames the younger guy not Vitor had been in. I do have to say he wasn't very good.
    The first time I went he managed to cut my neck up pretty badly, but the hair cut was good (he gave me a 50% discount since he had cut me so badly, without me complaining). Where he had been so friendly the first time I decided it must just have been an off day and foolishly went there again. This time he cut my ear fairly badly but unfortunately I did not notice until I got home and my other half pointed it out. Have been going elsewhere since then.

I hope that Vitor has great success and I may try him in future, since it seems he didn't like how his colleague conducted business (I presume).
    James, that is a spot on.
    Vitor has always cut and coloured my hair. I've always found him to be very friendly and professional. Kelly-Marie once cut my hair and it was done well but unfortunately everybody at work thought it needed washing and asked me what I'd done to my hair!

I wish Vitor well in his new business. He's a nice guy and very hard working.
  • FinFin
    edited 5:01PM
    Visited Vitor at the weekend and am very happy I did.

I stopped going to C&Ds last year when the price of a clipper cut reached £20, just couldn't justify it, forgot how good Vitor was and very happy to be back with him, in his own place and at a relative snip (boom boom).

A nicer hard working guy you couldn't meet either, good luck Vitor!
    Yes there was a queue at 5pm right past the chip shop. This joint is jumping. Go V!
    How much is a cut from Vitor then?
    TT, your heavy use of exclamation marks and general Vitor overshare is really starting to get on my tits.
    I increasingly wonder if TT isn't Vitor's old employer using giving Vitor an online Embrace of Death.
  • edited February 2011
    David - get a hair cut mate!! LOL
  • RegReg
    I go to Costa, the Greek guy on Bavaria Road (off Hornsey Road) for all my barbering. Nice guy and I usually pay about £8. I then spend £2 on scratch cards at the newsagent on Hornsey Road. I have never won a penny there. I think there is a scam going down.
    Vitor has been cutting my 3 year olds hair and I took him in today to the new shop and he gave my son a great hair cut.

He has Chupa Chup lollies too, even though I had already given him one to get him to have his haircut.

His cut is too reasonable I make it up with a big tip which makes me feel better!
    Can Vitor do this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp_wKphl0yA
  • AliAli
    Did you know that the Chupa Chup lollies logo was designed by Salvador Dali
  • edited February 2011
    Drumbeg, that is one helluva video.

Where is Andrew Ridgley when you want him? For a hairdresser the facial styling is a bit off but fair play he has a voice and goodluck to him and his other videos show he has something. Maybe BGT is around the corner : )

(I can't wait to see Kelly-Marie do My Heart Must Go On with the curling tongs.).

Mind you, taking the long view from a talent-search perspective, Vitor has a very nice 'humming' voice . But it's fair to say he's less likely to be found drifting around empty cafes with a video camera following him. But Tollington is a place of amazing surprises and only time will tell....
    Well I never! An hour ago, on impulse, I got my hair cut, at Vitor's, and stayed for a chat. He's a delightful bloke.And the haircut? Bog standard, which is what I wanted. For me, a successful haircut is one where you look much the same as before, but there is a great pile of surplus-to-requirements on the floor. You'd have to ask someone else about the haute couture side of his operation.
  • AMAM
    Hi

This is my first time on this site-going to check out other sites and hope they will not be as baised as this one is towards Vitor at the expense of the owner of Chaps and Dames.
    Anyone reckon AM is the owner of Chaps and Dames? He was at SGR tube station today giving away money-off vouchers on haircuts.
  • AMAM
    I meant biased. Oh and TT are you that tiny woman with the two little yappy dogs? They are so sweet.
    Oh dear, I'm getting a strong whiff of deja vu.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.