Statistics about Stroud Green

Comments

• edited 2:26PM
    @Roy What do you do when it's cold?

Do you have a policy on snoods?
    Snoods remind me of the 80's and Nik Kershaw.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yes! It was glorious to behold and very useful for keeping the voices out. A bit hot for long term wear though as I recall.
  • RoyRoy
    edited 2:26PM
    @Papa L: Well, the joys of central heating are that it doesn't really get cold indoors. I wear a coat if going outside, of course.

I don't really know what a snood is. Wikipedia seems to suggust it's some kind of Victorian women's headgear.
  • edited March 2011
    For anyone unclear on what a snood is, or who just needs cheering up on this grey and rainy day: <a href="http://www.dogsnoodsnmore.com/snoods.html">dogs in snoods</a>.
    ADGS, I think your better half has hacked your account...
    Nah, she's strictly HaringayOnline. C'mon, who doesn't like dogs in snoods?
    My winter uniform is a shirt under V-neck jumper, with the collar OUT, I'm afraid, but shirt tucked in. I do wear boots in winter, but never tuck trousers into them. How abhorrent! I own one round-neck jumper which I occasionally wear, usually with a specific very cut-away-collared short.

i sometimes wear hoodies, as they are comfy. But not with skinny jeans (yuck - fashion be damned), and not so I look like I am trying to be 24 again (I am 35).
    PS this thread is about Stroud Green statistics, rights?
    Most people on this site are middle class. Andy has a car that he parks in the bus lane on Saturday afternoon on Crouch End Broadway and then complains it's unfair. The same guy who felt I shouldn't complain working a 40 hour week and about earning £17,000 (compared to some poor person picking crap out of rubbish tip in India) where he probably goes on holiday. He went on a ski holiday around Christmas. Not in the month of sundays could I afford to have a car or go on a ski holiday.

I exist and should know my place. The jumper set go on their frequent holidays and weekend trips. We should accept. The spoils of class.
  • edited March 2011
    @kreuzkav - there's simply nothing more decadent, nothing more indicative of the imminent breakdown of western civilisation, nothing more offensive to the broken hearted colliers on whose backs THIS GREAT NATION WAS BUILT than my ownership of a five year old Ford Focus. I hang my head in shame. SHAME! I shall depart immediately for Verbier to think about this.
  • RegReg
    Spoils of class? Andy strikes me as an intelligent, open minded and positive individual so good luck to him. If more people took a leaf out of his book we might have fewer people moaning about how life is so unfair. Grow up and go and sort your life out. Your insecurities wind me up. It's not about class it's about you. Now go and do something less boring instead. Why don't you? Reg, ancient Alfa, freshly back from Morzine.
    So glad to see you haven't disappeared, kreuzkav. Every online group, much like a soap-opera, needs a conflict-creator to keep it interesting. I see you much as stroudgreen's answer to Mrs Mangel.
    What I resent is someone telling me I should take whatever shit I get because I live on the main road. Then tries to say I claim housing benefit when I don't. Some of the people who accuse me of whinging, are the biggest moaners. For example, why should you be surprised to be fined if you park a car on a bus lane. Saturday afternoon is a busy time outside a supermarket. It's very busy.

What I really resent is someone who can afford to have a car and go on ski holidays telling me I should feel happy and not complain because I don't pick shit out of a rubbish tip in India. It's the biggest cliche in the world. Like I used to hear when I was a child. The working class people of Stroud Green resent the middle class ponces.
  • edited March 2011
    You can't even begin to argue though that you're not in the top 1% of the world's earners though, can you. I'm sure you and I would disagree how much of where you are now is due to class or not, but either way it's objectively the case that you're one of the best-off people in the world, whether you like it or not.
  • edited March 2011
    I don't want to be in the top 1 per cent. £5000 makes a difference in London. £10, 000 even more. People have this trivial attitude who earn 25,000 or 30,000 that earning under 20,000 is OK, it's not. It makes a big difference.

And I count myself lucky that I do have social housing as it saves me about £2,500 a year on market rent. I feel with LibCon situation people are a bit indifferent about this.

I think everyone should be able to earn £25,000 past the age of 25 in this capital as it's not cheap. Especially if your job is a skilled job like mine is. I could change which I probably will do, but it's not the issue. Full time work should pay a decent wage and more people can join in the spoils of Stroud Green.

I can't believe richer people on here feel poorer people in London should accept their lot because they're living in a richer country.
    I'm glad to live in London and I don't pick rubbish out of a tip in India, but I don't think it's right that people who sit around a computer in an office get paid a lot more than someone who works their rocks off for a living.
    @ Willm. So you think that people who are poorer in London should be grateful that they live here and not in a poorer country.?

I understand your stance. Life is unfair and people grow up in different countries and circumstances.

What I don't understand is your view that in a democratic country like Britain that people should accept that middle class people can have fairly cush jobs with big salaries while other people toil for lot less money.
    Happy to discuss the second element some other time, and probably on some other forum. My point, however, if that you can't have a go at andy when he was only making a point that you've now agreed you can't disagree with.
  • edited March 2011
    @ Willm. I'm sure he's a nice guy. But he has falsely claimed I claimed housing benefit because once I said I was living in social housing. Nearly 50 per cent of people around here live in social housing and most work. Social housing doesn't mean you're some bone idol benefit claimer. And Andy made a comment that I should not go on about class or wage difference because I don't pick shit off a rubbish tip. I found that quite lame. Class and wages are important. Money talks. I was shockedtto read the same guy who makes these claims complained that he got a fine for parking on a bus lane. It's like someone going to an expensive restaurant and complaining they had to pay a high price. You have a car that you parked on a busy bus lane on Saturday afternoon and you whinge. As I said I couldn't afford a car in this city and don't want one.

I think the fact that I complain about low wages is a bit more of a serious matter. It's actually nearly life and death. I find this site to be very plumey and full of smug chatter class middle class people. But I think, that's the way you like it.

In your heart 'you say, kick out the plebs, Stroud Green is for us'
    Watching Clegg on TV now makes me vomit. Let's forget about class. Bla Bla Bla.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Don't forget class is important. Money too! Give me your money! S

Share the wealth.
    Christ, and I though I was bitter after crashing out of three cup competitions in a fortnight.
  • RoyRoy
    It's quite clear that this country is quite divided and getting more so, and shame on those who suggest that those less well off should 'sort their lives out' as if it's somehow their fault.

The myth that everyone can achieve anything they desire is useful motivation for all of us in small doses, but it becomes quite insidious when it's used to justify disdain for those less well off, on the basis it must somehow be their fault.

-roy
    Pretty sure Andy's post was just a warning to other locals that the automated parking enforcement comes into play bang on 4pm, rather than when a warden walks past.

Graeme, just returned from Niseko and soon to be sitting round a computer in an office somewhere.
  • RoyRoy
    I wasn't particularly getting at andy there. (And for the avoidance of doubt I, too, spend my day sitting at a computer in an office. Although I've not just returned from foreign climes.)
    Woah.

I thought this was a thread about dogs in snoods.
    I've just returned from Essex. Am I a prole?
    Dogs in snoods HATE THE WORKING MAN.