What are you all doing here on a nice day like this ?

edited April 2011 in Local discussion
Well ?

I am just about to go and do some long needed gardening work ( honestly :o). Did not expect to see so many of us in here when its so nice out , unless you are out with your lap top :o

Comments

• edited 11:20AM
    Stuck in an unfulfilling job that uses about 5% of my brain. Enjoy your garden.
    Awww sorry to hear that, now i feel bad, so will make sure i do enough gardening to work up a sweat :o
    How come you're only just getting round to the "long needed gardening"? Are you a fair-weather type? I've been breaking my back for weeks now, in all weathers, so I don't have to waste time doing it when the weather is nice. That said, there's no place I'd rather be right now. I've tried to lobby for working in the park outside, but I didn't get much traction. I'm on Clerkenwell Green - there are people laughing outside the pub, its bloody torture. It'll bee like this for months now.
    The thought of your perspiration doesn’t alleviate my existential dread, but thanks for the thought.
    working, finish at 6pm then on my bike through London and straight to the Faultering Fullback for a pint in the sunshine :)
    Ha - home time, finally. Off to Gordon's, happy days.
    @sincers
    I'm afraid i prefer winter and spring, been waiting for some shade to creep over before venturing into the garden ( at least that's the excuse today). Been away for best part of 2 yrs, have had to buy some clippers to try clearing a path to the hut where all our tools are....its THAT bad :o

@ lol Arkady i would swap places with you, which i guess will not help much either.

Im going into the garden now if go missing please someone send out the SG search and rescue party :0
    One precious day off after lots of hard work - making a Sylvanian family wedding display amongst other ridiculous things. The Parkland Walk was glorious today.
    @miss annie did you go to the SF shop? I look longingly in the window but never have the courage to go in, knowing that it's the sort of place where if you go in, you really need to buy something.

I do really like the windmill though. And the frog family.
    Do you work in the Sylvanian Families shop? I love that shop.
    You don't need to buy anything. They're always far too busy sorting out mail order to care.
    Sadly not, I love it too, that level of bonkersness should be celebrated. I just make random props for shop windows.
    The lie that my girlfriend will be told is i have been working hard all day long and now having a cup of tea and some cake.

The truth is i have spent half the day playing catch in the garden interspaced with joints and tea.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    @ Misscara I know what you mean, I love Stroud Green but the Lee Valley tempted me to go live on a barge at Tottenham Marshes for a few yrs, apart from the traffic noise it is just like being in the country :)

Well mission accomplished, made 2 hours of progress in the garden , supervised by the resident robin;)
    Tried and failed to find a seat in the packed Fullback treehouse, to catch a few late rays. Too many people!
    Wait till 425 students move in across the road!
    Gordons was packed too. I love it when the Robins keep me company in the garden. I wish I were there again rather than stuck here, not doing a great job of pretending to work.
    Detritus - That sounds like the perfect way to spend a sunny day :))

Misscara - Sounds like a lovely cycle. I've never cycled that way I should try it sometime, just worried about getting lost my sense of direction isn't great!

Jenowl - I was at the fullback yesterday evening and it was heaving! For some reason part of the decking was closed so there was less room. Hope it fully opens again soon now the sun is here.
    Hats off to you Misscara, when i make it to Stonebridge lock i think i have done well :o

Love to be able to cycle to Waltham Abbey.
    Misscara - Thanks I've going to have to do that ride it does sound really good and if the weather stays nice it will be perfect. Thanks.
  • RoyRoy
    edited 11:20AM
    Just found this: [Lea Valley Walk](http://www.walklondon.org.uk/route.asp?R=4) Split into nice easy sections, each of which is petty much between a pair of rail/tube/DLR stations. (Waltham Cross to Ponder's End, Ponder's End to Tottenham Hale, Tottenham Hale to Clapton, Clapton to Bromley-by-Bow, Bromley-by-Bow to East India and East India to Island Gardens). Also section 12 of the [Capital Ring Walk](http://www.walklondon.org.uk/route.asp?R=1) from Highgate tube to Stoke Newington station takes in our very own Parkland Walk. I've been meaning to try that one but want to wait until the work on the New River footpath is finished so I can do the whole route. (Click on _leaflets_ to see the route maps.)
    That's a lovely idea Misscara. Lee Valley Walk?
  • RoyRoy
    edited 11:20AM
    Will there be pubs? :-) (It's a pity the Walk London leaflets don't mark pubs along/near the walks)
    Roy, try Bob Steele's 'Camra's London Pub Walks'. No household should be without it.
    Muss Annie I saw the sylvanian family display at hamleys - was that your work? On regent street (think it was hamleys)? Crazy, I couldn't believe my eyes!