Ants!

edited April 2011 in Local discussion
Our flat is infested. There are loads of ants running around in the kitchen and living room. We have been meticulously clean, sealed all open food packets etc, swept away every crumb, cleaned the floor. They are still here after several days. Similarly to the mice problem, it would be impossible to seal every entry point into this old building. Any top tips for quick eradication of ants? They are the regular small, black type.

Comments

• edited 12:34PM
    Ant powder, which you buy from any hardware shop or big supermarket.
    Do you know if that will kill the queen or just the workers? I'll google it...
    Hello, if you put ant powder along all the crevasses they will take some powder back to the nest and if you leave it there for a few weeks, they'll realise they can't get in past it so they will leave you alone. Find where they are coming from, whoosh the ant powder and that's it, bye-bye ants.
    Yes another vote for ant powder. Not the nippon stuff, that never seems to work. If you're really pissed off, boil the kettle and pour it down the nest - that'll learn 'em.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Try one of those plug in pest repellents. They're supposed to work on ants and they worked on my invasion of fruit flies.
    I now have a spray think it was Wilkinsons but Wise /Arkle Chemists Hornsey Road /Archway have a very reasonable array of powders & potions was telling them to set up against the former.

What about Moths & vermin . When first moved here the LA used to bait the drains as social issue. All this franchising out allows LA to neglect its responsibilities makes situation worse as these private pest control firms are a rip off .As for refuse haven't time to put things back with lids on.Why should only be a council tennant be able to get assistance . We all pay ?Are we going back to Dark ages? Of course Trading Standard is nowhere to be seen???!!