Mister Patel

To all those who knew him, Mr. Patel, the newsagent who served us all for 20-odd years, sadly passed away. His family will be bringing him to say a final farewell at his old shop at 08:15am tomorrow. Cheers, Mr. Patel. I will always remember our drinks together. You were a jolly chap. Ner night. 

Phil

Comments

• edited 8:59AM
    Sad to hear this. Many a chat I had with him and I remember him talking about his excitment at retiring to a quieter place a few years back. I wish he'd had a few more years to enjoy the fruits of his long hours.. I will try to get up tomorrow to watch his return. Thanks Phil for the info.
    Which Mr Patel are you talking about ?
    Mr Patel who ran the newsagent (now called the Convenience Store) by Sparks and Porchetta. He retired from the shop 3 years ago. It was nice to pay my last respects.
  • KazKaz
    edited 8:59AM
    Seen the posters, face seemed familiar, but couldn't quite place him. Just occurred to me, he used to come in and have drinks after work in Chapter 1 didn't he? Like 4 years ago or something?
    I was fond of Mr. Patel but not so mad keen om his smelly dog. He also made a mean kebab. ( No, not the dog. )