Recommendations for Beauty salon

edited August 2007 in Local discussion
Hi

The beauty salon I used to go to (not in finsbury park) has now closed and I need find somewhere new that does threading/waxing. I wondered if anyone has any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• LizLiz
    edited August 2007
    Beauty Works in Crouch End does both (waxing in the proper salon and threading in the nail bar bit, I think). Never tried either but the woman in the nail bar is nice and I know others who go there for waxing. Or, if you work in town, I know people who swear by the Blink concession in Selfridges: <http://www.blinkbrowbar.com/index.htm>;
  • edited 3:34PM
    Thanks - i will give them a try!
    Also as strange as it looks from outside Hard Az Nailz on Stroud Green Rd is really good (plus it has the best name!!). Not sure I'd get hair done there but the beauty stuff is brilliant - one of the best I've been to for facials/ eyebrow/ lash stuff
    My wife recommends Oxygene in Crouch End.
  • KazKaz
    edited 3:34PM
    Can any of you ladies recommend a good local place for waxing? The woman I normally go to selfishly decided to go on holiday the week before me! Help!
    Face It in Highgate village do both waxing and sugaring and are excellent. Have been going there for 20 years.
  • edited June 2011
    Fazila at Zebra on Highbury Park is great at waxing (it's her favourite treatment - which I think is a bit odd, especially as this is demonstrated by extrememly thorough bikini waxing!).

I've had lash tiniting with her too and pedicures. But her treatment room is a bit small for a proper pedicure chair, so it's a bit old school with a portable pedi soak bowl.

Tell her that Sam, ex NCH / Action for Children sent you and I'm sure she'll be especially nice to you!

PS - she is WAY cheaper than Beautyworks, or anywhere else
  • KazKaz
    Thank you ladies! Booked Zebra, as it's closer. Fazila is away, hope the rest are as good!

For the record, Kat at Kay and Company in Colney Hatch Lane is amazing.
    Just seen this thread but for future reference I can highly recommend Beautiful - beside Sainsburys at Archway. It's lovely, I like Elizabeth for waxing. <http://www.beautifulbeautysalon.com/>; Threading... Do NOT go to Selfridges, Benefit, Blink or any of those places - £17 to do your eyebrows is utterly ridiculous! The woman in James Selbys on Holloway Rd and the lady in Nags Head Market are both brilliant, fast and super cheap. Usually costs about nine quid for eyebrows.
  • KazKaz
    I've been meaning to try threading. I find it utterly fascinating how they can pluck eyebrows with a piece of string. Or two. Thanks Miss Annie, will check it out next time I'm in Holloway!
  • LizLiz
    For properly bargain threading, try Alternatives on Holloway Road, near the Drayton Park turning - £4.50. It's not posh but it is cheap.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Is Holborn close enough for you?
    There is no better waxing than the one done by Brazilian girl, and i go to this amazing one who works just behind Holborn station, very thorough, least painful ever and she is a lovely girl as well, let me know if you want details :)
    I like Singhar in CE (Tottenham Lane) for all of my waxing, threading and maniped needs.
  • Does anyone have any up-to-date recommendations for a local beauty salon? Thanks.
  • Beyond Glam opposite Nandos is the best local one since the Great Jennies shut, according to my landlady Joyce - and she looks stunning at all times. They don't do the coffee rub type treatments tho, it's more hair, teeth and nails. Chang