The W.I.

Comments

• edited 4:06PM
    "All base metals, Girl Power. The River Nile, Girl Power. Clive Anderson, dictionary definition of Girl Power."
    Now now Andy. You're just jealous that we can do fun stuff while you are bored stiff at the Garrick wearing your pink and green tie.
    Are you going to be doing a nude calendar?
  • AliAli
    edited 4:06PM
    "there has to be an interest in rural affairs " - what is the policy on fox hunting on Parkland Walk ?
    Bloody hell, jam making and baking rural pursuits? I make jam and bake stuff becasue I like eating, in the urban setting of zone 3.

Still, I'm up for a bit of hula-hooping. But not nudie photo shoots.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    maybe beer making then? ;)
    I'm interested but can't make Tuesday but will keep an eye on here to see what's up.
    I'd love to join this too. See you on Tuesday
    I would love to join! Unfortunatly I am going to the Norfolk broads next week. Will you let us know when the next meeting will be on and where it will take place.
  • edited July 2011
    Hmmm, beer making.

My dad used to brew beer, and cider, and wine, in the garage at home. I always told him it tasted like bum holes (not that I've actually tasted a bum hole).
    We had a party recently and someone brought tea wine. It's not often you get something in a Blossom Hill bottle that's worse than Blossom Hill. Conversely, my dad made some cider with teabags in (as well as apples, not instead of) and that was yummy.
    Also interested but out Tuesday night with overseas visitors
    So, are we still on for tonight - 8pm in the Stapleton? If not, when?
    Would love to, but have book group tonight.
    I'll be there shortly
    Miss Annie (my other half) went to the WI meeting tonight minus her phone, so I thought be a good boyfriend (get more sex) and drop the phone off to her, it was like a witches coven. The nice kind of witches it goes without saying
    Misscara you can get your Dad to do one of the first demo/talks for the local WI.
    Miss Annie asked me to point out that we have the normal amount of sex for a British couple and I for one am glad that we are up to almost 4 times a year now, any more and things wont work! Happy now? lol
    Hi, im really sorry that i couldnt make it last night. Can you let me know what has been agreed?
    I'd be interested in joining the WI. Only just seen this thread on the forum so I missed the first meeting. Is another one in the pipeline?

My knitting skills are dire but I can make a good chutney!
    Hi,

I've just seen this thread for WI and I'd be really interested in joining you for your next meeting whenever that is and where.

Great stuff ladies!
    Hi There, I've just joined this site, so i've missed out on the thread so far.

I'm really interested in the next meeting if one is scheduled?
    Gosh, this week has completely run away from me, sorry to be so late in posting an update. I really enjoyed our meeting, it was great to meet some likeminded ladies. I am still awaiting the information pack from the W.I. HQ. That, I'm sure, will cover everything in great detail but some of us had had a chance to look at the W.I. website so we talked over how what we'd gleaned from that about how it might work - the formal stuff like frequency of meetings, what official posts are needed (President, VP, Treasurer), the objectives of the WI, how the financial side works etc. <http://www.thewi.org.uk/section.aspx?id=12>; We talked about activities that we'd like to do and what kind of visiting speakers we'd like to have and there were lots of brilliant ideas for activities and fundraising. There is such wonderful pool of talent and knowledge to draw on already and this will certainly increase as new people join in. <http://www.thewi.org.uk/section.aspx?id=9>; It would be splendid to meet more interested people at the next meeting, which as Misscara has said is planned for 26th July at 8pm in The Stapleton. I hope that by then we will have recieved the official W.I. info pack and we can start to put firm plans in place for starting in September. We need to think about which of the W.I.'s current causes we'd like to support and if there is a local project or charity we might like to be involved in. <http://www.thewi.org.uk/section.aspx?id=8>; And we'd also need to think of a name for ourselves. If there is anyone else who would definitely like to join in and would like to be emailed any info that I recieve from the W.I., please whisper your email address and I'll keep you updated. You whisper by typing the relevant person's name into the 'whisper comments to' box above - that way you won't be sharing your email details with the whole forum! One very important note: Although I've been the initial contact I'm not the boss! Please join in the discussion even if you weren't at the first meeting, it's good to hear everyone's thoughts.
    A programme is about to start on Radio 4 about the Shoreditch Sisters WI (18th July 10am) if anyone fancies a listen.