Party in Osborne Road

edited July 2011 in Local discussion
Anybody else hear that deafening noise coming from the party in Osborne Road last night? We rang Haringey Enforcement Response Team at 11.30 p.m. who promised twice to ring back but didn't.
We rang the police who said they didn't deal with noise complaints.
Eventually, at 1.30 a.m. Haringey rang back to confirm the source of the noise. At 2.30 a.m. the noise was turned down slightly, although I could still hear it clearly from inside my house (on UTP)
Couldn't a quick visit from a patrol car in the area have solved the problem?
I'm all for summer parties, barbecues etc. but this level of noise was ear-blasting and totally unacceptable - and obviously these lucky folks don't have to get up for work in the morning...

Haringey Enforcement Response Team: ring if a problem with parties/music/animals/alarms/noisy pubs, clubs/building work/DIY/light pollution: daytime 020 8489 1000 and after hours: 020 8348 3148

Comments

• edited 7:14AM
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Thank fuck I'm a heavy sleeper, I missed both of these. On Sunday early evening someone did start playing some awful hey-nonny-nonny folk music really loudly out the back when we were having a roof BBQ - was this the beginning of the Osborne rave up?
    There's a party in my pants right now. :)
    I'm glad I'm not invited
    Baby, you wouldn't say that if you'd been there!
  • RoyRoy
    edited 7:14AM
    Oh, interesting. I didn't hear it indoors (Florence Rd) though I did hear some music when I nipped out to the Convenience Store some time after midnight, but sounds like I completely misjudged the direction it was coming from. I went there along Marquis and back along Lorne, I think, so probably explains why I didn't encounter the source. On the other hand, the police helicopter, hovering here for what seemed like an age (around 2am) - aren't there rules against that? Can I call environmental services and complain about the noise the helicopter is making? roy P.S. Misscara - I still have hot sauce for you, if you want it (if you don't want it don't worry - it won't go to waste)
  • RoyRoy
    edited July 2011
    np - stocked up and bought three bottles when I was back in Cambridge but probably won't be that long before I need to break open 'your' bottle anyway :-) Yes, it is definitely hot but I love the stuff! Which Tesco sells it then? Not the SGR one - at least it didn't used to - I'm sure I looked when I moved here.