The camp outside Tesco....

Comments

• edited 6:08AM
    Fair point to make, but your comic book shop owner might not thank you for doing so publicly? Or is this a form of illegality that no one cares about or bothers to enforce?
    It's the eating-mince-pies-on-Christmas-Day sort of illegality, except this one has never formally been quashed. Given the amount of dope-smoking one smells in London's streets and parks, without the least attempt at concealment by those puffing, I would suggest that soft drugs at least are already pretty much at the same point, and that putting that on an official footing would be the sensible response.
    my two penneth worth

I don't like dope or ecstasy, it has ruined the lives and mental health of two people I know, one of whom subsequently committed suicide (dope), the other had a stroke and lost mobility of his left side aged 22 (pills).
    Many people are lucky and don't suffer effects too badly long term, but neither drug is safe enough to let whomever wants to take it, take it.
    These hardy Tesco campers are still clinging on and still using, (aren't they the 'lucky' ones?), but they really shouldn't be doing it in full view in the street.
    I know a few people who've been screwed up one way or another by pills, but when illegality means there's no quality control, no way to prevent unscrupulous dealers cutting the pills with all sorts of shit, and no way for people to know what they're getting, what do you expect? It's another instance where most of the harm resides not in the drug, but in the illegality.
    Was all kicking off there when I went to Tesco tonight. They need to leave I'm afraid, a magnet for trouble.
    As I got to Tesco yesterday, I guess at 7ish, a big police van pulled up and lots got out and chased after the main woman, but by the time I left the shop they'd all left. Noticed the camp had moved to next to the bike stands outside Tesco.
  • KazKaz
    edited 6:08AM
    That's quite amusing that they need a whole van full of policemen to chase after her.... I was there about 10.30-ish, she was then talking to two policemen, drama was obvs over.
    Presumably some drama had precipitated the arrival of the van (which came as an emergency, lights and siren on) but by the time they arrived the only member of the camp there was the woman.
    when I was on my way home from work there was a woman having a stand-up argument with the guy who in fairness looked like he would rather have been smoking his cigarette. Our upstairs neighbours have told us they have seen them going down our alleyway during the day. I don't think they mean any harm but the fact is that they are going to attract trouble unfortunately.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    They've started using our front yard as a toilet :(

What can we do???
    Take a few pictures of them dumping in your yard, send them to the council, the police, environmental health and the local paper. Then wait for the s**t to hit.
    @N2n4 Let them in to use your tolilet?
    I found this thread really interesting.
    Apart from all the comments on how 'boring' it was!
    They've taken a big disliking to me.
    It's either mistaken identity or drug psychosis but....
    the lady has it in her head that i want her to die of cancer!

Yes, i know it sounds ridiculous but i don't know how to get them off my back and convince her otherwise.
    I get abuse if i walk by and as i got on a bus recently, the guy started punching the window where i was sat, telling me he hopes *i* die of cancer.

I guess i was just wondering how 'harmless' they are or if i'm likely to get a knife in my back at any point....or just a turd on my doorstep!
    This is a great post from Drowner. Can some of the "supporters" on here justify this kind of behaviour from their pavement friends? This behaviour is proactive abuse and intimidation. And if they were wearing an armani suit or a sick covered shell suit...my attitude would be the same. Go away, and leave us alone. Nothing justifies you being a prick.
    I suggest having a chat with our friendly Safer Neighbourhoods Police team, who are doubtless well aware of the problem, and will welcome more evidence with which to apply for an ASBO. A complaint to the police also provides ample grounds for a stop and search - and who knows what they will find?

This was very much the case with the beggar who used to operate at the Wells terrace to Finsbury Park Underground station, who took it upon himself to shout abuse at me as I walked past him. As I understood it, the BTP were very much on his case, but needed evidence of persistent nuisance and offending. Not seen him in ages, so I assume they were successful.
  • edited October 2011
  • <P>Not sure if one of the same people but there was a female addict shooting up on Albert Road (the corner with Florence road) this morning. If I had eaten breakfast I probably would have brought it back up. </P> <P>I can confirm that it was an english female as she then tried to start conversation with me, otherwise I don't think I'd have known the gender under all the dirt she was covered in. </P>
  • <p>Jeremy Clarkson is semi right put them up against a wall and throw a damp sponge at them.</p><p> </p>
  • The Tescos lady was scotish  I think
  • <P>walk a mile in their shoes...</P> <P>contact islington council if you have got a real complaint...</P> <P>Too many people on this forum who want to make a judgement...you haven't lived their lives,some of you are twats...</P>
  • <P>Albert Road is on the Haringey side </P> <P>She could have walked an extra 50 yards into the parkland walk and shot herself up to her hearts content in the bushes </P> <P>I'm plenty busy living my own life thanks but if you want to throw the insults out behind your keyboard then good one. Not like you like to pass judgement on anyone on here on a regualr basis is there? </P> <P> </P>
  • r&j - phone the emergency 999 services, or phone metropolitan police non emergency phone number, or phone the council if you are concerned about people ... did you bother to do this? If you really are concerned about people? 
  • <P>England was good while it lasted.</P> <P>Now we have got all these twats who want to have a go at our own people.</P> <P>Bunch of twats. </P>
  • Why is it not ok to say you don't like watching someone shoot up? How they came to be doing it is another issue.
  • <P>bodiej - i know what you are getting at with what you are saying...and i think you are pursuing an interesting point...</P> <P>i just dont like 2 individuals being criticised on a public forum - feels like schoolyard bullying to me...</P> <P>old bill n the council perhaps can answer questions on this thread...perhaps time that they do...</P> <P> </P>
  • I'm stepping away from this now as I can see it going in circles. Fucking bullying
  • <p>Chrisn4 to be 100% honest I dont give a shit about the 2 people outside Tesco, I dont like seeing them there I dont think they should be there and would over the moon if they just pissed off.</p>
  • whether people like the camp outside tesco or not,for me,it just comes across as bullying when plenty of people gang up on the 2 people that you are talking about on this thread.As mentioned you can always flag up your concerns with the council if you really give a sh-t...