Funny Balloon Shop

edited July 2011 in Local discussion
Anyone else noticed that funny shop that appears to only sell balloons just down the road from Petek?

Has anyone been in? Who was it who correctly identified the huge gap in the market in SGR for a 24 hour balloon emporium?

Comments

• edited 7:23PM
    I was staring at the mickey mouse balloon within a balloon at the weekend... I was quite drunk
    Speaking of balloons, there were, what appeared to be, two hot air balloons over south London this morning at around 6.30. Did anyone else see them? They were quite far away, but must still have been in an area classed as Town. I would have thought it quite tricky over such a built up area.
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2011
    There was a thread about it a while ago <http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/2752/top-balloon/>; Pipped at the post - Misscara must have been writing at the same time as I.
    @tosscat I don't really think of anywhere south of the river as Town.
    Oops. I know it's been there for ages. Just didn't know it had already been talked about. I must go in this evening for my essential balloon purchases.
    anywhere on SGR that sells nitrus oxide... pfffffft!!!
    Used to love nitrus, but now it just makes me feel a bit poorly.
    My favourite is the balloon with a wig inside it
    We bought a balloon in there a while ago for a friend's birthday. It cost about £4.50 I think - you choose which type you want and then they inflate it for you. It is so cheering to walk along the street carrying a massive balloon!
    Balloons are jolly. It's nice to present people with them, everyone turns into a child again when given a big bunch of balloons. Cheering is exactly the right word.
    This must have been when Four Eyes was boycotting the site because he thought stroudgreen.org was mean. As I recall, it was an entirely coherent boycott that made a lot of sense.
    @miss annie since found out it was crystal palace/bromley - not town at all!
    I find this shop a great help if im going to friends kids' birthdays - the fun brought by balloons or Pinatas lasts quite a while and keeps them occupied. The girl working there is really helpful, have a treat :D
    I popped in there the other day and ordered a big balloon for my 4 year olds party in Nov, goodbay gifts (tons of them), balloons and goodybag stuff. Its brilliant they do tons of party stuff. I wish I had brought all the other stuff there such as Lightening McQueen napkins, cups and plates as the stuff I have ordered on the internet still hasnt arrived. The woman who works there is lovely and very helpful. Recommend it! Nice addition to the area.
  • DKLDKL
    edited 7:23PM
    hi this offer not only balloons but also fitting. They do the decorations for different occasions: start from the kid birthday party, weddings, shops display etc
    They are very creative
    I bought an inflatable rave happy face balloon for my flatmates 30th and she swiped the table of her other gifts to make way for it. She nearly wept she loved it so much.
    Who says balloons are just for kids?
    Went in there to get my Halloween face paint on Friday. I thought the shop could've made a killing in sales if they had stocked up on the usual Halloween items.
  • IanIan
    edited 7:23PM
    15 minutes before my kids 1st birthday party I sped round there, came back with 10 balloons inflated. Job done. I knew I would spend time in that place and like it.
  • I wanted to like it, but they had no 30th birthday balloons or numbers 30 when I went there to buy balloons for my pals party - so I don't. I had to go to Clinton Cards *pah* for them and that Hallmark hellhole upsets me.
  • You could have kept it local by trying X-It up the road
  • If you hve kids or elderly relatives you might want to know that this shop has a sale on with some very good value stuff going. Ideal for a pancake party! Chang
  • Went there yesterday and got some party bags and a few bits and pieces.  The lady behind the counter was friendly.  A nice find :)
  • Last autumn ought some massive balloons for a photo shoot.  Lady was lovely and thought the balloons were really good value.  One of them was still inflated over 2 months later!  Just a shame I don't have more of a need for balloons.<br><br>When I got talking to her it seemed much of her business was online and the shop was primarily for 'emergencies'.<br>
  • @NorthNineteen - do you need to have a need for balloons? I treated myself to a balloon from X-It a while ago and it made me giddily happy. This has reminded me to go and get one from this shop. <div><br><div>I was talking to someone a couple of weeks ago about how their friend has a balloon business (not this one) and is now a multi-millionaire. Who knew there was so much much money in balloons.</div></div>
  • I love the idea of a balloon-related emergency.<br>
  • I guess you don't need a need.... Thinking about it, due to Mrs N19's dislike for flowers maybe getting her the occasional balloon would be a nice treat.<br>
  • They were very nice in there when we needed to stock up with a few balloons for toddler birthday time. But the photos on the wall show where their real business is - some amazing displays ...