The Park Theatre - Site Tours...

THE PARK THEATRE will open next year next to Finsbury Park tube station. For the first time we are offering tours for local residents. The following four slots are available:

Saturday 18th June at 6pm and 7pm
Tuesday 21st June at 6pm and 7pm

Please contact us by email to book your slot: info (at) parktheatre.co.uk providing your name, number in your party and your preferred slot.

Please dress in clothes you don’t mind getting dusty as we are now truly a building site. If you have hard-soled shoes please wear them, otherwise we will endeavour to provide you with some.

We look forward to hearing from you.

For more info about the theatre and for directions go to: www.parktheatre.co.uk

Comments

• edited 6:51AM
    I am sooooo excited about this happening in Finesbury Park. I was going to start a whole new discussion, but somebody's already started one. Beat me to it. And there's tours for us. For me, you and my little bubblets. I floated past the site on Wells Terrace the other day and a little leaflet fluttering down from somewhere landed in my bubbly hand with all the info for things to come. Get in! FP. We're getting on the map. Hoo Hoo!
    There's leaflets? I want one!
    Look! It's harpi. S/he's not an eagle though. Hi! Yes, there are leaflets. And look, the somebody else. It's them. *blushes. in a rainbow of colours.*
  • valval
    edited May 2011
    Information on the leaflet:
    There is a website www.parktheatre.co.uk and link can be followed to join facebook group to view photos and videos. There is also a daily blog: www.parktheatre.co.uk/blog. We can send an email to join mailing list and/or get more information.
    And for people on Twitter, Park Theatre can be followed on @ParkTheatreLive
    How is there not more discussion about this? We're getting a theatre on our doorstep. Not a pub theatre. A proper, purpose-built 200-seat theatre. Plus a studio. And a bar.

I, for one, am very much looking forward to this.
    I think there's not much discussion because it's unquestionably a GOOD THING and so there's nothing to argue about.
  • IanIan
    edited 6:51AM
    Yes, the best you can do is start an argument about why we are not arguing about it. It's a fabulous thing for the area and I wish them well. I guess now we need for it to open before we can review what we hope will be a great local facility.
    My apologies. I didn't realise that discussion meant bitchfest. I just thought we should show the newcomers some love. There's so much talk about pubs and curry houses. This is a freakin' THEATRE!

Is anyone else going on the site tour? Can't wait!
    I've just booked a place on the Saturday tour.
    Yeah, I'll be there on the 21st.
    wish i could go! please let us know how you get on
    Tour was very much worth going on. Much building still to be done but you get a good idea of how it will be. Great to see such enthusiasm from the people behind it, and a good turnout from locals. It left me feeling I can't wait for it to open next year.
    Yes it was splendid. Big thanks to Jez. The bar alone will be very welcome.
    They seem to be making good use of the space. It's hard to imagine how they'll fit 200 seats in there, but I'm sure it can be done. Loved Jez's enthusiasm and the lovely dog with soft ears.

I've sent an e-mail to the council to support their licensing bid. Not sure it'll do any good, but it can't hurt.

Were any of you there at 6pm on the Saturday?
    Excellent news, The Park Theatre have been awarded a late licence for when they open next year. Apparently they had around 80 letters in support of the application and no objections from local residents. www.parktheatre.co.uk
    I hope it's a nice bar. The Finborough turned a mediocre pub into a great wine bar. Now all their shows get reviewed by the good people of the New York Times, who regularly drink there.