Food and ale matching.

edited September 2011 in Local discussion
On Wednesday the 14th of September The dairy will be hosting a Food and ale matching evening with Sambrook's brewery. Tickets are £25 and include food, ales and expert knowledge from a brewery representative. If any of you Stroud greener's are real ale fans we'd love to see you down here. Menu is as follows...

On arrival- Satay chicken and a pint of Pale ale (4.2%)
Starter- Confit duck & duck liver terrine with French bean salsa and a pint of Wandle (4.3%)
Main course- Lamb shank, crushed carrots & parsnips, minted gravy with a pint of Junction (4.5%)
Dessert- Lemon tart, blackberry (parkland walk's finest!) compote with a pint of celebration (4.5%)
Cheese & pork pie with a Powerhouse porter (5%)

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 5:25AM
    Ale's not for me but hope it goes well. If you did a food and wine thing i'd be there with bells on!
    Cripes, that is a lot to drink! I know nobody likes a unit fascist but this is, what, at least a week's worth of alcohol in one night? I love ale - if you did a smaller tasting event (without the food) I'd be interested. But good luck with this one.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Love the idea.
    Could I have a couple of glasses of Rioja instead, if I promise to bring along a gaggle of hardcore ale-heads?
    Hmmm, that's missing the point, isn't it.
    woops, we are indeed only serving halves with the food!
    sorry, that does look a bit obscene on reflection (or too good to be true)
    You can sign up via our facebook page.
    http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=187877637942110
  • That's more like it. Might go.
  • edited September 2011
    Boom! What a good night, Mr. Duncan Sandbrooke was a very nice (slightly handsome) man. I tried some ales I hadn't heard of and the food was amazing and well matched. I didn't think I'd leave so full and content, and I even learnt something. Well worth the £25 and some. When's the next one? Whisky or wine would also suit me just fine. Anyone else end up going?

P.s were the pork pies really home made and when will you have the duck terrine on the menu?
  • I couldn't agree more Coyote. My girlfriend and I had a great time. Duncan was great company, very passionate about what he does and gave everyone some great insight into the history and ingredients in the beers. everyone learned a thing or two and it made the tasting that bit more enjoyable. The food laid on was top notch, especially the duck terrine so thank you very much to the team at The Old Dairy. There was even some beer left over which they let us take home...
    Many thanks for your kind comments. Glad you enjoyed the evening !

I can confirm that the pork pies were 100% home made. We also do Scotch eggs & Sausage rolls. Our duck scotch egg is entering London's best scotch egg competition : http://www.theship.co.uk/events-calendar.php

The duck terrine will almost certainly feature on the menu as we all loved it too !!!.

Upcoming events will be a wine & food matching night, and a free Havana rum tasting night.

See you all soon

Love The Dairy Team x