Greengrocers and Gay Sauna

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• I am very pleased to hear that the local gay community will be getting their 5 a day.

• Greengrocers, interesting. A good quality, clockhouse style, greengrocers would get a lot of custom from me.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Re: Paradise, I am interested at just who thinks decor 'to the highest specification' is polystyrene ceiling tiles and green office carpet. It doesn't look at all salubrious at the entrance point either *shudders*
  • edited December 2017
  • Do we really need another non english speaking grocer on STR
  • If it was a Clockhouse style one or a good Green Lanes type one, they could speak Klingon and I'd go with it.
  • This is the best title ever. I'm looking forward to the new place. There aren't any pure greengrocers on SGR are there? I mean rather than hybrid shops that are also butchers and 65 other things.
  • I'm also looking forward to this. Walked past earlier and there are loads of shelves, which makes me think it will have a good range. <div><br></div><div>The green carpets in Paradise look awful, as do the leather-effect sofas, but the showers look nice enough. </div>
  • A good greengrocer and I mean good quality would be very welcome.  It's something lacking on SGR unless others can inform me of something I have not seen.  The vegetables outside the shops like Convenience stores are OK but are hit and miss. 
  • Hey Guys,<div><br><div>My name is Ash. First of all I would like to say I speak English very well and it was probably a builder or my father you spoke to :) I own the Green grocers and we will be running it as a family business. We are indeed Turkish, I have been here all my life and have lived off Stroud Green for about 17 years.</div><div><br></div><div> We should be opening sometime next week, there are only a few things left to do know. As for the produce,I assure you it will be top quality and constantly fresh. There will be a large variety of fruit and vegetables, including exotics.  I will be there myself most of the time, and I look forward to doing to doing business with everyone :)</div><div><br></div></div><div><br></div>
  • Hi there Ash,<br><br>I'm really looking forward to your shop opening and am hoping it will be a bit like the absolutely amazing place in Newington Green, which I only discovered quite recently. If you're anything like that, or some of the places in Crouch End, you'll thrive.<br><br>Ben<br>
  • Hi Ash - Looking forward to you opening too. Would love it if you also sold fresh, good quality flowers like the Greengrocers at Highbury Barn - there's nothing like that around here at all.
  • <p>Welcome Ash, this is splendid news! If you have things that are season like celeriac and artichokes, and a few varieties of English apples I'll be in.</p>
  • celeriac  yes please
  • edited December 2011
    If thats what you want then ill make sure we have them on display. Any suggestions are always very welcome! As for the stoke newington greengrocer,my uncle is one of the partners there , so we have a lot of ideas and advice. i agree its a very good shop, but you wont have to travel so far anymore! There will also be things like different types of olives and cheese for those who like. Thaanks for all the comments guys, i look forward to meeting you all!
  • edited December 2011
  • Thanks for the up date, looking forward to the opening day.<br>
  • This could be a heavy set-back in my life-long battle against fruit and veg.<br>
  • Stroud Green is a bit of fruit/veg desert for me largely because the quality in Tesco is rubbish/put off my long queues, don't trust getting fruit/veg with my online shop and it's so expensive to get from the mini Sainsburys.  Surely a convenience style Sainsburys should have loose fruit/veg?  I don't want 3 onions, only one!<br>
  • edited December 2017
  • edited November 2011
    Ye i was thinking the same thing,it dont quite go does it? :) i think the person who started it can change the title.
  • It's memorable though. I don't like celeriac, but do like Jerusalem artichokes and I can never find them round here. In Milan they're called 'topinambur', which is such a beautiful word. 
  • <P>What I like about the Jerusalem artichoke is that it is neither an artichoke nor from Jerusalem. A real artichoke is, I think, from the thistle family, whereas the J one is related to the sunflower.  Italian for sunflower? Girasole. Pronounced Jeerasolay, which is where 'Jerusalem' comes from, in the English version. Interesting. Well, I thought it was.</P> <P>Carry on.</P> <P>PS. Why is this typing so slowly?</P>
  • Ah. As you were. The slowness is something to do with my bloody laptop, not the site.
  • <P>When is the grand opening ashman?</P> <P>I'll come and have a nose this week, but I was in Spalding at the weekend so I have more veg than you can shake a (sprout) stick at.</P>
  • :) we should be opening some time this week. Only a few things left to do now.
  • Fantastic. Have you got any roasted salted almonds? Both grocers in Crouch End have stopped stocking them.
  • Peered through the shutters last night, it looks nice.  Very similar to the greengrocers in Crouch End.  Looking forward to it.<br>