NEEDED - 1 bedroom flat, Stroud Green

edited November 2011 in General chat
<p>I was just wondering if anyone knows of any 1 bedroom flats in the area (N4 preferably)? we have been looking now for nearly 2 months and im aware that this time of year is very slow! We have to be out of our flat mid January so we are getting pretty desperate to secure something.</p><p> </p><p>If anyone has any advice that would be great. we would rather secure something privately to avoid all the admin costs........but i am also on the usual sites EVERYDAY - prime locations, rightmove, etc etc and its painful at the moment!</p><p> </p><p>HELP! we want to stay local as we love it around here!</p><p>rental prices have shot up so we have to accept that- we are looking at a budget of about £250-£275 per week.</p><p> </p><p>thanks!</p>

Comments

• have you tried <a href="http://www.michaelmorris.co.uk/">Michael Morris</a> estate agents? 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • There are two 1-bed flats currently being constructed on the corner of SGR and Lorne Rd, I think they're due to be finished fairly soon. <br>
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: #2a2a2a; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Tahoma','sans-serif'">That development is very likely to be illegal.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>The current use is D1 which is not residential and planning permission has been turned down several times.</SPAN></P>
  • What happens when someone does an illegal development?
  • Judging by the 'Yellow House' on Stapleton Hall Road - fuck all.  <br><br>I'll raise it at the CAAC meeting on Monday.<br>
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 115%; FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial','sans-serif'">Council should be slamming a notice on them shortly up to £20k fines apparently</SPAN></P>
  • The Council have power to demolish developments which do not have planning permission. 
  • Oh crap - a friend of mine lives in one of the flats in that building - sounds like her rent is going to shoot sky high!<br>
  • It won't  get knocked down it will just be status  quo until resolved.  I hope your friend  deals  with the rubish disposal  correctly  as  someone who lives there is dumping rubish on the street in black bin bags every week.  It is a lady with a young child
  • I had a look last night at the planning permission status - you're right, a request for planning permission was submitted early last year and rejected, then resubmitted later last year and is still "pending". <br><br>I've almost never seen any dustbins outside whenever I've walked past - bit shocked that Haringey don't see fit to provide dustbins given the extortionate council tax they charge!<br>
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT size=3><FONT face=Calibri>There is an industrial very large bin that is provided and wheeled out on the street and sits there for days on end.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>It has been there overflowing all weekend and an additional black bin bag has also dumped on the street.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>A couple of warning signs have appeared <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN>telling about potential fines.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>Last time the council eventually proved it was 162 and it stopped.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN>I guess they will get there again eventually.<SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">  </SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN></FONT></FONT></P>
  • I'm sure that the three weekends that it has sat there has more than made up for the many months without anything resembling a dustbin. I assume it's of the Tardis variety so that people can continue to pile rubbish in there once it's full? <br>
  • <P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri size=3>The big bin trolley thing has been emptied and now there are two dumped black bin bags </FONT></P>
  • And a grand total of no dustbins to put them in. Or does Haringey use invisible dustbins? <br>