Greengrocers and Gay Sauna

124»

Comments

• Mr Muscle sink and drains is very good for blockages, give it a try.
  • You can probably find Mr Muscle in the other place
  • Hey Ash, I mentioned a fruit id like to buy when I was in last week - they are called Longans (long-garns)....there are certainly grown in Thailand, but doubtless other places and most closely resemble lychees.... if you can get them in, id be very happy..... <br>Shop is very good.....I was in this morning.....! Hope its going well for you!<br>
  • Just got a mini-shop of fruit and veg from the new place, and found it great. Excellent selection, very fresh (except for a couple of the peppers but they're very hard to keep uncrinkly), and good prices. I'm a convert. I probably would have passed by or not noticed except for this thread, so thanks all round!<br>
  • edited December 2011
    Hi guys, Thanks for all your comments, i really appreciate it. Longans,i know exactly what you are talking about i havent seen any in the market, but i will ask the exotics guys when im there next. I can get it for sure but im not sure when as it might not even be in season,ill find out. Thanks guys!
  • I've been in a few times too, happily, and will be back. Really happy it's opened. So much better to shop there than Tesco or Sainsbury's. Ash, I think I saw you: are you quite lean, and do you sometimes wear a jacket and fine scarf while you work?<br>
  • I popped in this evening after all the recommendations on here - great selection and good prices. I filled up my fruit bowl with some chinese pears... don't know what the hell they are but they taste nice.
  • I bought the best grapes I've tasted for years in there the other day. Black seeded grapes, really juicy and delicious. The lemons were great too and all much cheaper than Tesco.
  • hi guys! thanks for all the great comments.im doing eveything i can to make the shop even better, we have some new things like oils ,honey and salad dressing etc. and yes thats me, i wear my jacket all the time because its soo cold! cant wait for summer :) thanks for your custom everyone, ive met some really nice people from here. ash
  • Your staff are always charming.  A young lad served me the other day, and he was so friendly I didn't mind his legitimate ribbing that I only bought one carrot and one onion.<br>
  • <p>Ashman is there any chance you can get peanuts in their shells (monkey nuts) in a net?</p><p>I want to boil them for a few hours.</p><p>Thanks</p>
  • What happens when you boil them?
  • edited February 2012
    Interesting! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boiled_peanuts Apparently, it's pronounced as one word "baahl'peeenuts". Or so roxy tells me.
  • Detritus was a long term resident of L.A. where he developed a taste for them from his Mexican friends and Native American ex-girlfriend.