Curtains - can anyone recommend a place to make them to measure?

edited December 2011 in About this site
Hello I'd like to get some curtains amended to a new size before Xmas. Anyone know a place or a person that could do this in time? Thanks Donna

Comments

• Try Snow White dryclearners opp Mega cafe on SGR, there is a tailor working there, a very nice guy. He does all the alterations to trousers and dresses and replaces zips.  I'm sure he would be more than able to sort out your curtains.<br>
  • Thanks Norton... whereabouts is that sorry? Don't know Mega cafe. It's not the one near Finsbury Park station is it? they totally ruined my shoes once.
  • I really like the guy in Snowhite.  I'm not sure I'd let him loose on my curtains.    Image are good, but they won't get them done in time, even if they say they will.   Sew in Crouch End are very efficient.<div><br></div><div>I thought about getting some curtains up, getting the carpets cleaned, decking out the garden in fairy lights, making chutney, and buying a whole new set of crockery and glassware before Christmas, but then just thought sod it.</div>
  • Another vote for Sew in CE. It might cost a little bit more but it'll be done properly and on time.
  • Donna, it's on the same side as Nandos, past the Humming Bird and dentist.Next to the New Beacon bookshop.<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks very much for the recommendations.
  • Where is Sew please? We are doing up our flat and need some interlined curtains to keep out the drafts and smells of Lorne Road