SG.org Park Theatre Seat

edited January 2012 in Local discussion
Starting a new thread to discuss and maintain momentum for donations to the Park Threatre.  By collaborating on our donations, we wil lget a SG.org seat at the theatre (this originally started in the thread http://www.stroudgreen.org/discussion/3456/john-jones-mbe#Item_28)<br><br>Here's how to donate and ensure the money goes towards the seat:<br><br>---<br><p class="p1">Dear StroudGreen.Org!</p> <p class="p1">Many thanks for your comments above. <b>Clubbing together to buy a seat is a great idea, thanks for your enthusiasm and support.</b> The best way to go about this is:</p> <p class="p3"><span class="s1">1. Click on: <span class="s2"><a rel="nofollow" href="http://parktheatre.co.uk/support-us/donate-towards-our-education-floor">http://parktheatre.co.uk/support-us/donate-towards-our-education-floor</a></span></span></p>; <p class="p3">2. Then select the 'Click here to donate' link</p> <p class="p3">3. Enter the amount you wish to donate - ticking the Gift Aid box if appropriate - and proceed to checkout</p> <p class="p3">4. Once your donation has been completed we will receive an email confirmation (as will you). If you immediately send us an email at <a rel="nofollow" href="mailto:%27development@parktheatre.co.uk"><span class="s3">'development 'at' parktheatre.co.uk</span></a>' stating your name and that your recent donation is 'in relation to StroudGreen.org' and we will attribute this towards a group seat and keep track of the totals for you.</p> <p class="p3">Many thanks! Look forward to seeing some of you soon! If you haven't already signed on to our mailing list please do so online: <a rel="nofollow" href="../../discussion/3456/www.parktheatre.co.uk">www.parktheatre.co.uk</a> otherwise you won't hear about future site tours and other upcoming events. Very best wishes, Jez </p> <b>Jez Bond, Artistic Director<br>---<br></b>

Comments

• According to Annabel at the theatre we've so far raised around £85 (need £450 for a seat I'm told).<br><br>
  • I meant to do this but the web form was really big. I promised I'd come back to it and forgot!<div>Will do it now.</div>
  • I've donated.  I have asked Annabel to provide a running update of how the donations are going, keep us motivated hopefully.  She was having problems logging in but said she would update the thread as soon as she got this sorted.<br><br><br>
  • Me too. But I'm rubbish at remembering to do stuff so haven't got round to it yet.<br>
  • @Idoru: here's your reminder, do it, do it now! :-)<br><br><br>
  • Quite, You could have done it in the time it took to type that!<br>
  • I am, but next week (pay day!)
  • Hi guys!<div>It's Annabel here. We are at £225 now! Thank you all SO SO MUCH for donating. We are so thrilled that you are on board! Many exciting things have been happening recently, so if you want to keep tabs follow us on twitter- @ParkTheatreLive, or follow our blog- http://parktheatre.co.uk/our-blog</div><div><br></div><div>My email is annabel.topham@parktheatre.co.uk, so feel free to email me if you have any questions.</div><div><br></div><div>Once again, thank you so much, and please keep spreading the word! </div><div><br></div><div>Annabel x</div>
  • Will donate on Tuesday - pay day.<br>
  • I'm confused. Is step 2 'update order', followed by a long form? If so, why? I was intending to make a donation, not become a customer.
  • edited January 2012
    @ParkTheatreDOD: Thanks Annabel.  it would be great if you could give us regular updates here to let us know how the donations are going.<br>
  • Hi Folks.<div><br></div><div>Artistic Director, Jez Bond, here. Thanks so much for your support to date!</div><div><br></div><div>@checkski and others who may be wondering, I just wanted to explain that the one page form to register is very simple and quick - just your name, email, address and a password of your choice. The reason for this is:<div><br></div><div>1) We can record your donation on our database (so we know who has given what)</div><div>2) We can track donations for Gift Aid purposes – if someone donated anonymously and ticked the Gift Aid box, when we went to Inland Revenue to claim the Gift Aid it would be disallowed.</div><div>3) We can keep you in touch with developments (which incidentally is only once every couple of months, so we don't bombard anyone!)</div><div><br></div><div>Many thanks indeed. We look forward to you reaching the target! Please spread the word to your friends and neighbours. </div><div><br></div><div>Jez</div></div>
  • Done, although I must admit it was a slightly bumpy ride. Speaking as an old fart, I didn't find it the easiest process to follow, and there were some anxious moments when I thought I may have paid more than once. Nor did I find it possible to reference stroudgreen.org at any moment, so Checkski's seat will will be somewhere on its own, and for £10 may only be a camp stool. Oh well, I've done my bit. I'm not crazy about theatre, but I am strongly in favour of community activity, and this couldn't be a better use of an otherwise rather unprepossing spot. I hope there will be plenty for local schools to do, speaking as an ex-teacher. Oh, and I see a former school friend is on the board of ambassadors, so that must be good!
  • @checkski, if you look at boxrunner's OP, you'll see that you need to e-mail the theatre to let them know that you have made a donation to the SG.org seat.
  • Do we get sitting rights?  Will it be raffled?
  • @vetski. Thanks. Done - although even then it wasn't clear to me which department I should send it too. I think their website could do with a bit of tweaking.
  • Donated! I might be a bit slow, but I get there in the end :)<br>
  • @ParkTheatreDOD, sounds like there have been a good few more donations this week.  Annabel, how about an update?<br>
  • HEY STROUDGREEN PEOPLE!<div><br></div><div>Thank you all SO MUCH for donating.</div><div><br></div><div>I have added all your entries in to the master donations list... and can tell you that right now you have raised £380!!!! We are so grateful to you all. </div><div><br></div><div>Just a quick reminder that if you could forward your booking notification to devlelopment@parktheatre.co.uk once you have a received it, that would be fantastic!</div><div><br></div><div>Happy friday everyone,</div><div>Annabel x</div>
  • £380? That's cool..............nearly there then :-)<br>
  • Done. I feared the online form would prove to be an ordeal, but it wasn't bad at all. 
  • @ParkTheatreDOD there's a typo in the email you posted today.<br> <a rel="nofollow" href="mailto:development@parktheatre.co.uk">development@parktheatre.co.uk</a> is the right one I think.<br><br>I've sent some money. Looks like we're not too far away now.<br>
  • Done. Relatively easy, and we should have a seat now.
  • HEY GUYS! Annabel here.<div><br></div><div>WELL DONE YOU HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY PURCHASED A SEAT IN PARK 90! In fact you have raised a whopping £500 for Park. We are so unbelievably grateful to you all.</div><div><br></div><div>If you'd like to keep going you can buy a seat in Park 200 for £750, or if you'd rather stick with Park 90 then that's fantastic too. </div><div><br></div><div>Thank you all so so much. </div><div><br></div><div>Annabel x</div>