WTF is going on in the Park today?

edited March 2012 in Local discussion
Anyone got any idea what all the yelling in the Park is about? Is it 'Wreck a quiet Sunday' Day? I would go and see but I'm still in my dressing gown...

Comments

• <P>@kreuzkav, thanks for that. I do wonder at the headline, though - are there any not-banned terrorist organisations?!! </P> <P>And am I the only person within spitting distance of the park who had no idea there was a festival this weekend? A lot seems to happen there which isn't well publicised...though the number of people walking up/parking on my road suggests word got out somehow!</P>
  • @vetski, I didn't know either and we live right near the park. We actually complained to Haringey's noise control and they went there a while ago (we got a feedback call from them and they agreed that noise levels were high). It seems that noise went down, but still, there was no communication from Haringey about this event.<br>
  • don't forget to tell the SG councillors how you feel!
  • We live half a mile from the park and the noise has been way out of order all day. Events with PA systems shouldn't happen on Sundays.
  • We are at the end of Moray Rd and the PA was loud as hell for me.
  • edited March 2012
    It was A Kurdish festival. We quite enjoyed it. Wait til the Jamaicans come for the Olympics tho - this place will be throbbing wid ol skool n roots 24/7. Thankfully I like thAt sort of musac but I am also going away for part of the time. My landlady is on to Cllr bilot about it already as says will do her nerves in. Tho no complaints from her to day about the Kurdish disco. Chang
  • <P>It was OK once the yelling stopped and it was just music - but 14 days of that in August may have me reaching for Domestos and a bag of sugar...</P>
  • I remember festivals in Finsbury Park about 20 years ago.  I lived in Stoke Newington and I remember walking through Abney Park with an ex-girlfriend and we could hear it from there (about a mile and half I guess).  Over the next ten years Festival PAs  became more contained and I've walked near Finsbury Park and not heard a whisper (and I wanted to hear something) until near the festival fence.  I think the festival today was using a very basic old PA system.  The council should insist on certain systems being used.
  • It's an annual festival, or at least it's definitely happened for the last three years, since I moved to Scarborough Road. The noise issue is because they hold it on the basketball courts because the bottom of the park is full of the Easter fair stuff, and the sound carries over the railway line. However, the last two years it has gone on to past 9pm (I also called Harringey noise control the first time) so the fact that it finished around 6.30 today was a bonus. Also the first time I heard it, they had Ken Livingstone as a guest speaker, at roughly the same volume as the music today...
  • Good old Ken. Chang
  • So that's what it was.  Could hear it from Hornsey Road.  Usually we can't hear stuff going on in the park this far away.  Must have been mentally loud for anyone near the park.
  • <P>no swearing in the titles of the threads please...</P> <P>they arent a fan of the war apparently...</P> <P>wonder if old bill confiscated any flags? </P>