not happy with old bill posting on sg.org

Comments

• edited March 2012
    I dunno, but he spent over a million quid gathering it. They're not exactly gonna tell us what it is are they?<br>Some of the known evidence though, cameras in the tunnel switched off, car blocking champs elysees, reporter in the uno, found with two bullets in his head, another witness call Wendy someone missing, snipers seen in the area, etc, etc, the list goes on. There's no smoke without fire.<br>
  • <P>Or, Princess Diana's chauffeur was drunk at the wheel and speeding through the underpass to try and get away from the paparazzi motorbikes that were chasing them to take photos...then as drunk drivers do he dozed off at the wheel... or swerved to avoid a motorbike or chrashed when a paps flash light went off in his window and distracted him  </P> <P>cameras in the tunnel switched off .... not evidence of a murder</P> <P>car blocking in champs elysees - could have been a paparazi car blocking so pap motorbikes get nearer to photos</P> <P>theres no smoke without fire - there is sometimes</P> <P>snipers in the area - some other reason they were there - ie to protect diana perhaps or to assasinate but did not get their chance on the night not connected to drunk driver</P> <P>the list goes on - could be a list of any coincidences...</P> <P>goodnight...</P>
  • True, it could have been an accident, but a lot of evidence suggests it wasn't. And the point is, if someone is accused of involvement in murder, they should have faced the accusation in court. But these people are above the law. Which is wrong. Very wrong.<br>
  • <P>no </P> <P>if someone is accussed of murder they would only face an accusation in court if the correct legal processes were done</P> <P>which they werent</P> <P>perhaps some legal types could explain further...</P> <P>ps i am sure i read somewhere that btp would be carrying guns on trains during the olympics and as you said plain clothes feds armed with guns in london on the london transport trians having a look out for naughty terrorists mooching about,,,  </P>
  • <font face="Arial" size="2">Morning all</font><div style="line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><font face="Arial" size="2">Just to clear up the armed BTP comments: <a href="http://www.btp.police.uk/about_us/btp_firearms_capability.aspx">http://www.btp.police.uk/about_us/btp_firearms_capability.aspx</a></font></div><div style="line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><font face="Arial" size="2">I was interested in the discussion regarding Liam Stacey, the student jailed for his comments on Twitter.  I read those comments at the time and they were absolutely disgraceful.  Being drunk is never an excuse for breaking the law and in my opinion it was right that the Police became involved.  </font></div><div style="line-height: normal; font-style: normal; "><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="line-height: normal; "><font face="Arial" size="2">My understanding of the case is as follows:  Stacey was dealt with under Section 4a of the Public Order Act 1986, which states "<span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; ">An offence under this section may be committed in a public or a private place, except that no offence is committed where the words or behaviour are used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation is displayed, </span><i style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; ">by a person inside a dwelling and the person who is harassed, alarmed or distressed is also inside that or another dwelling</i><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; ">." (My italics)</span></font></div><div style="line-height: normal; "><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 18px; text-align: justify; "><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></span></div><div style="text-align: justify; "><font face="Arial" size="2"><span style="line-height: 18px; ">This means that if you are in your house and say, do, write, etc. anything with the intention of it only being seen, heard, etc. by others within your house, then you are not committing an offence, which may be what Chode is getting at, and I agree with that.  However, "the defendant must prove </span><span style="background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); line-height: 18px; ">that he was inside a dwelling and had no reason to believe that the words or behaviour used, or the writing, sign or other visible representation displayed, would be heard or seen by a person outside that or any other dwelling."  I don't believe Tweeting on a website would amount to a suitable defence in this case.  </span><a href="http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64">http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1986/64</a>.</font></div><div style="text-align: justify; "><font face="Arial" size="2"><br></font></div><div style="text-align: justify; "><font face="Arial" size="2">I look forward to your comments.</font></div>
  • edited March 2012
    Fuck me. more robots with guns, specially selected for their ability to follow orders without thinking. with their outstretched index fingers covering the trigger guard, even though the safety catch is on. I think I'll stick to my bike. I'll feel a bit safer in the traffic. Always be weary of British police with guns!
  • edited March 2012
    And being drunk is an excuse to break the law, and it depends what the law is and wether it's a legitimate law. If you've ever been totally shitfaced, you'll know what I mean! Because most of the time you will have no recollection of what you've done or said, and when you're pissed, you don't care anyway. People do things when they've been drinking that they would never consiously do when they haven't!
  • edited March 2012
    I don't know what the guy said on twitter, and I don't care. Only people following him would read it anyway. And they have the choice not to follow his comments. All that's going to happen if the state starts trying to police the internet, is that people are going to wise up, start protecting themselves and covering their tracks or eventually go underground.
  • <P>@chode, being drunk is not really a good excuse for anything, apart, perhaps, dad-dancing! Would you consider that an appropriate defence for rape? Spousal abuse? Vehicular manslaughter? Making bomb threats? </P> <P>I don't really understand your concept of a 'legitimate law'. I get that one might  consider some laws to be wrong in the sense that one doesn't agree with the motivation behind them - e.g. snap decisions like the Dangerous Dogs Act - but once on the statute books they are legitimate, and the police have no choice but to enforce them. Not much point having them otherwise! </P>
  • edited March 2012
    What I mean by legitimate laws is ones that aren't just dreamt up to generate more revenue, like putting the right stuff in the right bins, cycling in public parks, etc. and ones made to opress. did you know they make up a new law on average every two days. do you know some want to make it law to forcibly vaccinate you and your kids? They are not legitimate laws and therefore should not be abided by. Do you know they passed a law whereby if they declare a virus or biological attack, and you break through the cordon they can shoot to kill? and yet they launch biological attacks on us all the time. Swine flu being an example.
  • <P>@Vetski - spot on about being drunk - there is no defence in law based upon being drunk.  If you commit the crime, you must face the consequences, drunk or otherwise.</P> <P>@chode - you asked yesterday about where BTP cover.  Our jurisdiction covers all railway lines and property in the UK.  I patrol the Underground, along with about eight hundred other Police officers, Special Constables and PCSOs.  I can't say I agree with your comment about legitimate laws - what if someone didn't consider the laws on murder or rape to be legitimate?  Should they be able to murder or rape at will?  The law is the law and we as citizens don't get to pick and choose by which ones we abide.</P>
  • <P>I think that the police are causing resentment amongst white people.</P> <P>People like Liam Stacey are sent to prison.</P> <P>There is a double standard.</P> <P>Because people from an ethnic minority have sent tweets that could be seen to be illegal.</P> <P>And have not been prosecuted.</P> <P>For example local Labour MP Diane Abbot,wrote comments that some claim are racist against white British people on twitter.Imagine what would have happened if a white person said the same.The Labour Party would ask them to resign. </P> <P>Same thing on twitter,ethnic minoritiy people are sending tweets and not getting arrested,sentenced and jailed.</P>
  • @BTP - I don't think you read my comment on legitimate laws. I explained what I meant in my last post! It's not what people consider to be legitimate, it's what is legitimate. Obviously murder, rape, assault, robbery etc. are legitimate. But just because the state decide to pass new laws doesn't make them right. What if they pass a law saying for example cyclists have to have tax, mot, insurance or it's illegal to stop and chat on the street, they'd be laws but wouldn't make them legitimate. Anyway, thanks for your response, interesting, it's actually good to see a police presence on public transport. Armed though is a different thing. I wouldn't trust the type of people they select. I know they like to recruit certain types to have firearms, i.e. Don't think, just follow orders. Not a good formula for success. oh and standard procedure is shoot to kill. For example Jean Charles De Menezes, except he was done by a hit squad, not standard armed response. So I'll be staying well away from public transport during the olympics.
  • <P>What the police are doing by arresting and jailing the likes of  Liam Stacey is they are sending out this message:</P> <P>"if you are a white working class man who likes and drink and then expresses his opinion and has bad judgement you could end up in prison"</P> <P>The police are just sending out the message "if you are someone with bad judgement you could end up in prison"</P> <P>Of course young men will get drunk and write their opinion on twitter thinking nothing of it as they aren't face to face with that person in the street when they may never do this</P> <P>So the police are just criminalising people for being drunk and having bad judgement after a few sherberts...</P> <P>I am interested to read what BTP wrote however. </P> <P>People like Stan Collymore are wasting police time by reporting tweets to the police.The police then have prosecuted a man who sent a tweet to Mr Collymore.Mr Collymore and Ulrika Johnson.Much worse what happened there.Hittiing a woman.</P> <P> </P>
  • There have been cases shown in the media where people from ethnic minorities have vioently assaulted a white person and they did not get convicted and  sent to prison then university student Liam Stacey is jailed and his job prospects ruined by being arrested by the police and jailed for tweeting.Such a waste of time jailing people for tweets when violent thugs will no doubt soon be targeting gay people as a violent reaction to the legalisation of gay marriage in 2015;these are violent crimes police should arrest people for.The police a making a mockery of the judicial system.
  • Chris, you seem to be against everything.  I wonder what a good society would be for you?
  • <P>1960's England was pretty good I heard.</P> <P>White British people have had enough of being called racist,sexist,homophobic and sent to prison for tweeting.And the general witch hunt atmosphere that has built up against the indigenous people of these islands.You only have to read the level of insults flying around on the "Lynne Choona Featherstone intervied by The Times" thread to see how if you raise an issue the libby liberal loveys try and smear you and have a go - just because you discuss an issue....   </P>
  • <p>Threre have always been lots of emigrants in England.  Jewish Hugenots,  Jamicans, Irish (my background).  They were often encouragedto come here.  They usually worked hard.  My parents did.  Gave a lot to this country. </p><p> </p><p>You just seem to spend your days drunk and going on about how bad other people are.  What a great member of society you are.  </p><p> </p><p>You should think how you can make life better for the England you worship.  I think you're falling short of it at the moment.</p>
  • Can't believe I have missed this thread for so long. It's definitely got you all talking! Like my BTP colleagues, I too believe that the police do have a place on forums such as this. I am a local officer and my 'patch' is the Stroud Green ward in Haringey. This site enables me to see what concerns members if my local community has and I have acted on information of criminal activity given to me on here. I also use this site to give out information on police activities in the area. Having read a lot of the comments on here however, I would just like to point out that the police do not send people to prison. That is the job if the courts. PC Paul Kane Stroud Green SNT - Metropolitan Police
  • <p>Your entering a world of insanity PC Kane.</p>
  • <p>Good to know PC Paul Kane.  Can you please make sure Sugar Lounge keep to their legal hours.  They tend to go over their hours  Sun to Thurs midnight closing.  Fri-Sat.  2 am closing.   It would make the local residents life better.</p><p> </p><p>Thanks!</p><p> </p>
  • To quote: " I have acted on information of criminal activity given to me on here" - there are informants on here, grasses! Ha ha... hmmm... I wonder who they would be? let me guess... :-)<br>
  • I've never known Sugar Lounge to go over their hours. The opposite in fact. She was closing at 2am, when in fact she wasn't taking in to consideration the 20 mins drinking up time.<br>
  • ... and what happened to the law they passed for 24 hour drinking? a load of shit that turned out to be. Probably another trick tactic by the government.<br>
  • <P>Yes but the police arrested Liam Stacey.</P> <P>So the police are partly responsible for criminalising and ruining the lives of young men with bad judgement who tweet</P> <P>obviously its the cps who charge and a magistrate or judge who sentences</P> <P>Liam Stacey is appealing against his prison sentence - hopefully he will be freed but not before his life has been ruined partly by the police,the cps and a maistrate or judge.</P> <P>Interested to read what sg snt wrote however.As I am very pro police generally speaking.</P>
  • Shut up about Liam boring Stacey you Penguin. He don't even live in Stroud Green. Neither should you. Chang
  • They're talking about Liam Stacey on question time at the moment.<br>
  • Freee.. eee Liam Stacey...<br>
  • ALL, PLEASE, STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS!
  • Go to bed Gardener Joe, no one is feeding any trolls.<br>