Hijacking

edited March 2012 in About this site
Hi all,<br><br>I rarely post, but when |I do it is under my real name, Doug(las).<br><br>I used to run a similar website, and have discussed with Andy the need for contentiuous input into discussions in order to keep any discussion going, debate is healthy.<br><br>However: the appalling, ignorant drunken rantings of the likes of ChrisN4 and Chode do not deserve to have any kind of platform,and call into question the purpose of continuing this service. It IS a service, and we should thank Andy and David for providing it.<br><br>C and C. Could you take your typing (because it amounts to no more than that) elsewhere?<br><br>Thanks. Doug<br><br>I would ask Chris and Chode to at least reread their postings before sending them, and consider how they might be received by others.<br>

Comments

• <p>You are about to have 15 - 20 comments thrown at you Doug mostly nasty and I guess as I type they are going over old postings seeing what they can find out about you.</p><p>But as for what you said I agree 100%</p>
  • You're making assumptions Detritus. Doug(las)... give me one example of a drunken rant from me.<br>
  • edited March 2012
    <p>Yes I am prove me wrong? </p>
  • I know, but this is worth keeping, and people will desert it if it descends into a puerile slanging match.<br>It's a shame if it is destroyed, I wouldn't want to see that.<br><br>Doug<br>
  • You perhaps have forgotten. Reread your postings, in particular those posted in the early hours.<br>If they were not drunken rantings, then I apologise for having misread them. They were, for whatever reason, unpleasant.<br>
  • <p> But you try to have a discussion and if your thought deviate slightly from there views you are jumped upon, I dont mind differences of opinion but the rudeness and veiled threats are just wrong, they are not the type of things I would let someone say to me on a street so I sure as hell wont let them say it to me on here.</p>
  • @Doug - I don't know which one you're referring to, like I said, give me an example.<br>
  • And what would you do on the street Detritus?<br>
  • <P>your a fan of freedom of speech if its written in a way you approve of then doug - what a snob</P> <P>you havent given any actual quotes of what you mean.</P> <P>doug - sounds like you are trying to set off a witch hunt</P> <P>smacks of bullying to me</P> <P>perhaps it isnt however  </P>
  • <P>detritus  - why do you keep refering to "if i met you i would do this or that" - its a discussion of ideas not a bar room punch up</P> <P>all the player haters need to have a look at themselves - like the negative stuff douglas has written -</P> <P>why dont you think of some things to contribute and liven the place up yourself then ?</P>
  • 'perhaps it isnt however '<br><br>Good point<br>
  • <p>And if you think I am going to say anything along the lines of punch you then your wrong, I have never advocated violence and never will and to say it on a forum that is used and actively read but the police would be sheer folly.</p><p> </p>
  • well said @chrisn4, someone talking some sense.<br>
  • @detritus - that's exactly what I mean, you are such an arse kisser - You have your "yes brigade" wings. You are a full member.<br>
  • <P>im not quite sure if doug just wants to start a bullying witch hunt against me and chode or if he just wants more politeness? </P> <P>i have found being called a troll repeatedly by the usual sg.org suspects  really rude - but then thats what they are like because if you dont know what i am trying to do on sg.org then you arent paying attention... </P> <P>or if he just wants us to leave because he doesnt like us or doesnt agree with us</P> <P>when people are bullying they usually make comments that arent specific ie arent backed up with quotes...and just make generalised comments as doug has done...</P> <P>perhaps we will never know... </P>
  • <P>give an example of what i have written that is bad ? and that i havent apologised for.as i did apologise to detritus for something i wrote to him when i responded to him in kind ....and he accepted the apology...which i respect...i usually only insult people when they insult me first in some way...not a just for the sake of it flame war</P> <P>but perhaps you dont care and you just want people banned - which is your freedom of speech to make this point</P>
  • 'that's exactly what I mean, you are such an arse kisser - You have your "yes brigade" wings. You are a full member.' Thanks for providing me with the example you asked for Chode. A fine example of drunken ranting sent after 11.00pm I don't intend to enter into this dopey debate, my point was to ask you guys to take your invective elsewhere and leave us all to discuss local matters. There must be a forum somewhere on the internet that suits your tastes. If you don't mind?
  • doug - you dont really take part much in the forum - but you are asking regulars to leave ...get the irony? no? ok....
  • Penguins can't fly. Chang
  • <P>"leave us to discuss local matters"</P> <P>but if you click on your name doug you can see you hardly ever add a comment to the forum so you arent discussing local matters really...we are discussing local matters...we dont all get on and we are still discussing you arent</P> <P>you even say you dont want to discuss this after you started this thread... </P> <P>i am not sure what your agenda is ?</P> <P>chode is coming under fire from detritus and he is having a pop back - is that so bad?</P> <P>perhaps you just think we are a bit common and you dont like that? wouldnt be the first time in england or scotland would it ?</P>
  • edited March 2012
    Chang - neither can chimps.<br>
  • again, well said chrisn4.<br>
  • <P>chode - dont let these people bully you off...but doug is right about how it is nice to be nice and not do a forum flame war as a flame war is childish when people insult each other just for the sake of it...play the ball not the man or something....there is a bit of a flame war going on at the moment which is a bit silly perhaps...but if you stick your head above the parapet people are going to shoot at you and if you cant take the heat get out of the kitchen...</P> <P>innit bruv  </P>
  • innit blod - agree,<br>
  • <P>u get me rude boy</P> <P>sg.org mandem are getting bare rude blood u get me</P> <P>they dont like a multicultural sg society</P> <P>they would prefer a monoculture - with just people like them in it innit</P> <P>innit </P>
  • <P>sg brothers have got to stand up against the sg player hater mandem</P> <P>u get me blood</P> <P>smoke till u sleep</P> <P>4real</P>
  • PLEASE, ALL, STOP FEEDING THE TROLLS,