Islington electronic parking permits

edited May 2012 in About this site
Hello,  <div><br></div><div>Has anyone else been switched over to these and had any problems?  The idea is the get rid of paper permits and have the traffic wardens use special machines to check all cars to make sure they have an 'epermit'. <div><br></div><div>I have been on the new system for less than a month and already got a ticket.  I have appealed, but responses take 10 working days, so I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem?  </div></div>

Comments

• <div>Here we go.....the annual parking permit shenanigans.</div><div><br></div>No, haven't used it yet. The system won't even let me verify my email address!<div><br></div><div>Apparently permits have gone up by the rate of inflation. Of course, because council workers have obviously had a pay rise (i don't think they have), and all the measures to reduce cost by going electronic have made it more expensive. Where are the cost pressures?</div><div><br></div><div>Visitors day permits are now over £10. I wouldn't even mind if i paid more income tax to help out deficit issues, but i think the over-taxing of local residents on parking is a disgusting way of balancing the books. Its more about the way they say they are actually helping us.  I will be paying out over £400 in parking permits for some builders for the next 2 months. </div>
  • Islington has a high success rate for appeals against parking tickets. Make sure you appeal every time.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Miss Annie I got a new electronic permit in April. On the first day I got 2 parking tickets. I called the Council and both got cancelled. So far I have had no new problems. It takes a day for the attendants little computers to get updated.</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">I live next to the Moray road church and I still laugh when Arsenal play on Sundays and all the church goers get tickets!</font></div>
  • I just fear I am going to be frequently going through the hassle of appealing parking tickets because the traffic wardens don't check properly.  I had my 'epermit' for 3 weeks before I was ticketed, so the systems should have been updated.  Hopefully it was just a one off and will be proved wrong!