Car Crash Lancaster Road/Upper Tollington Road

edited April 2012 in Local discussion
Anyone now the story of the crashed car at the Lancaster Road/Upper Tollington Park junction?<div><br></div><div>Maybe it's a new art installation?</div>

Comments

• I don't, yaga, but I just read the subject line without my glasses on and thought it said 'Cat crash', so I was rather keen on finding out what had happened.
  • edited June 2012
    I just got notice - below- of this new Upper Tollington Park road safety plan, via a local councillor: "Over the last few years many residents have complained to local councillors about the speed of traffic on Upper Tollington Park and safety at the pedestrian crossing by Florence Road. So in 2010, Lynne Featherstone, Richard Wilson, Ed Butcher and I started a campaign to get the Council to take action to slow down traffic and improve the pedestrian crossing. At first the Council said there was no need to take action and no money available. But we kept up the pressure and got residents to back our road safety petition - and now they have changed their mind! I'm delighted to say that the Council have now agreed to spend £120,000 this year on road safety improvements to Upper Tollington Park. They are proposing two connected projects: - A new raised road surface at the junction of Upper Tollington Park and Florence Road and on the crossing, which should reduce traffic speed and protect pedestrians - Similar measures to reduce speed at the junction of Upper Tollington Park with Lancaster and Scarborough Roads, where there have been a number of crashes in recent years. The Council plan to start drawing up their detailed plan now, and will formally consult on the new traffic calming measures in July. However, we want people to have their say on the proposals before they are fully developed, so please get in touch with us by Thursday 14th June if you have any comments. We're really keen to hear your views and make sure this money is spent in the best possible way. Thank you to everyone who supported our petition and helped make the Council change its mind. Kind regards, Councillor Katherine Reece Liberal Democrats - Stroud Green"
  • Sounds good, hopefully they'll resurface the south-bound side of the road between SGR and Florence Road at the same time - tis a bit bone-shakey on the old bicycle!
  • Obviously anything (sensible) to improve pedestrian safety is always welcome, but I use that crossing daily and have never noticed any problems crossing there myself.  The cars are always polite and stop for me.  Maybe I've just been lucky...<br><br>roy<br><br>
  • there was a thread on this, ages back. 
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">http://stroudgreen.org/discussion/1894/zebra-crossing-florence-tollington/p1</font><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">we invented this</font></div>
  • Oh, wow, I'm impressed! :)<br><br>