Polar Bears in London today

edited June 2012 in Local discussion
Greenpeace are placing Polar Bears around cities all over the world today to highlight their Save The Arctic campaign. Anyone seen one? Their was one on Whitehall this morning.

Comments

• As if polar bears weren't endangered enough.<br>
  • The London bear is an impressive stuffed beastie but there are some rather bedraggled looking bears out in the world, have a look at #savethearctic
  • My headmistress used to have a stuffed baby polar bear in her office
  • There was a great exhibition of photos of all the known stuffed polar bears in the UK at the Horniman a couple of years ago. I'm not sure whether I recall your headmistresses stuffed baby one, M.
  • There is an exhibition of stuffed cats dressed as Victorian gents, musicians etc in a variety of elaborate showcases. Was in Littlehsmpton now coming to town (I think) museum of London. Amazing skill ( the taxidermist not the cats). As a vet I often think of it when doing the business. Wonder if there was a SG version (after all there are enough rough cats around)?what the scenes and characters would be...? England game in Fonthill pub, Vitor giving a shave, WI meeting in snow White launderette. Maybe Park Theatre could exhibit it. Chang
  • Presumably this is from the former Potter's Museum of Curiosities that used to be at Jamaica Inn and was broken up and sold. I rather wanted the kitten wedding vignette.
  • You'd have had to fight me for it. I have a penchant for Victorian taxidermy tableaux. The collection was shown at the pop up Museum in Primrose Hill a couple of Christmasses ago. Have you seen Polly Morgan's work @tosscat? She's good.
  • Finsbury Park boating lake earlier today.