Attack on 29 bus last Tuesday 8-8.30pm

13»

Comments

• I imagine they are unionised - it being Chicago. How many days have tube drivers been on strike or threatened strikes in the last couple of years Ali?
  • <P>I have no idea as that was what I was trying to find  out.</P> <P>It would  be interesting to find out then have people to guess on here to see if there is any realtionship between peoples perceptions and fact !</P> <P> </P> <P>I am not a Tube Operator don't fancy the shifts too much and doesn't  pay enough for that hassel</P>
  • I don't think there's been an all out tube strike since I moved to London over a year ago, apart from the Boxing Day one - although there have been several threats of such that were called off at the last minute, and a couple maintenance strikes and strikes that only affected one or two lines.<br>
  • <P>Threatening to go on strike is just as bad. All the chaos for commuters trying to reorganise their days, and all the negotiations in between adding more and more £££££ to someones bill. And then, they work as normal. I reckon that happens a good 2-3 times a year depending on whether its a tube or a bus.</P> <P>Anyway, god bless mechanics</P> <P> </P>
  • <p>Sorry to hear about all this Misscara (your post on call with police and needing to take time off was hilarious).</p><p>It just seems a bit of a shame to have all the technology yet not be able to access CCTV footage in time - there must be a way around that because if it was a murder the police would get it in time. I think its precisely because we live in such a big /crowded city that the police need to clamp down on these sort of attacks because the city environment makes them more common and they need to know there are severe consequences. [Sorry also about person who posted about being attacked in street.] You can't just randomly attack someone - I don't care how bad a day you have had. Also it may be indicative of something worse to come. I think bus company needs to do something. </p><p>I have not had that much experience with the police and my attitude to them is positive. My only real experience (some years ago) was when I reported a break in and was told not to touch anything etc until police turned up in case there was forensic evidence. I waited 4 hours and when they did turn up they walked straight though the "scene of the crime" and looked a bit puzzled / bemused when I mentioned the forensic evidence bit. Jessica Fletcher where are you when we need you. </p>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Misscara: complain to TfL - it's their policy that their should be CCTV on buses, I believe.<br><br>Have a look at the notice that's on every bus about how TfL always prosecute etc - I'm pretty sure it has a contact number.<br>