Front garden landscaper

edited July 2011 in Local discussion
I have searched but found no previous threads. Looking to have the front garden path redone and wondering if someone out there can recommend someone. Thinking of path and wheelie bin area in slate and the rest in gravel - does anyone have any suggestion or should I knock on doors of houses with great front gardens?

Comments

• edited 11:00AM
    Shemi o7813049179 He is local, a really nice guy and does great work !
  • edited 11:00AM
    thanks for that will give him a ring!
  • Jamie - Terraforma Landscapes www.terraformalandscapes.co.uk (07931388478)<br><br>
  • edited July 2012
    Philippa ... and her team ... much recommended in find a builder threads on this board ... that is how I found her ... she has done a great job pulling together tradesmen and managing them for me ... external paving, drains, brickwork, fencing etc. Locally based and doing quite a bit of local work. I am a fussy blighter and she dealt with my anxieties very patiently and professionally ... and the results are totally brilliant ... I am now a repeat client ... two different sets of work done over time and a third ready to start ... well, the money ain't doing any good in the bank!
  • <p>I have just had my place done (they finished today - took 1 week) - Derek Spillane - 020 8340 6132. Nicest man ever and excellent job. I met one of his prior customers (to get some reference) and she was just as complimentary. He takes pride in his work. I had slate tiles all around front of house area where bins etc are and they also re-did front wall. Wouldn't gravel be difficult to clean? Whoever you get, do it as it makes a huge difference! I was same as you - thinking I would just knock on door of someone who had nice front area and ask who did it. Came across Derek just doing google search. </p><p>May start a separate thread on this but anyone know good local handyman? I have few minor jobs I need doing. I will seach for the find the builder thread you mention GJoe. </p><p> </p>
  • Hi Sherry, Do you mind me asking how much your paving cost? Cheers, Drew
  • <p>£2,500 inclusive of all materials. I thought it was good/reasonable??!</p>