Stroudgreen Social

Comments

• @Roy, wear a FotN t-shirt and I'm sure we'll find you!
  • I know quite a few people, I think you'll be surprised how easily you recognise everyone Roy.
  • @vetski: not really my thing - I'm not very trad<br>
  • .... this is why reserving a table comes in handy. <br><br>Of course, people are free to stand rather than sit at it ;)<br>
  • I'm sure we'll manage :-)<br>
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've already done my bit, thanks :)
  • It was absolutely lovely to meet everyone tonight.  Special thanks to Arky for rescuing the lost goth standing alone at the bar, and props to Miss Cara for knowing she'd seen me before just from my very limited description of myself in this thread :)<br><br>Hope to see you all again some time soon (and thanks Miss Cara for organsing this tonight!)<br><br>roy<br><br>
  • Glad it was fun, hope to meet some of you another time!
  • Perhaps not on a school night though.  Somehow managed to miss dinner and am quite hungover today!<br><br>Lovely to see people though, and to put some new names to faces: Roy, Sutent, sg_mike, etc.<br><br>If there were others there then I think we missed you!<br><br>
  • If it's a Friday or Saturday I can join in.
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Yes good to meet everyone last night. Defrosting fridge this morning. More of a challenge that I thought it would be. </font><div style="font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: normal; "><br></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Great talking trains. I am very knowledgeable on the slow 2 line now. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Good ideas about getting the Stroud Green residents association started. </font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">Hope to see everyone soon</font></div><div><font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2"><br></font></div><div><br></div>
  • We should make this a regular thing.<br><br>I've not really been able to do anything today, though.  Thanks to ADGS et al for rescuing my umbrella and diary/collection of sketched track diagrams.<br><br>PS - Roy's shoes were, indeed, distinctive.<br>
  • So I hear! Apparently you looked splendid Roy. Be great to make it a regular thing. It will prompt me to see more of the people I already know and don't see often enough, and get to know new folks - always a good thing.
  • Arkady - don't forget I rescued your phone a number of times. <div><br></div><div>Regular drinks sounds good. We have the makings of the basis of our own community here., </div>
  • edited July 2012
    @Sutent: Yes I owe you more than I can say.  I'm usually careful with my stuff, but things started to slide around the four-pint mark.<br>
  • Yeesh, I'll say. Woke up fully clothed today.<br>
  • Concur. I am once more reminded how, while tasty, Aspall is also bloody lethal. 
  • I forgot. Drat.<br>
  • Please do this again. Am annoyed with myself. <br>
  • We never got the red lighter back to the girl in the tortoise top<div><br></div>
  • I did - many, many posts earlier in this thread - express skepticism at the existence of this notion of 'not getting pissed'.  I, too, vote for 'not on a schoolnight' next time...<br><br>(Was fun, though, and I just about managed to get through today productively)<br><br>roy<br><br>
  • Yes Misscara I agree, Tortoise top very description. To me it looked light blue. Who knows wearing a shell one day may be fashionable one day. 
  • did everyone look like you thought they'd look like?
  • They <i>are </i>about to reboot the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.<br><br>Lighters are communal property.<br>
  • @andy: I don't think anything could have prepared me for Roy's glorious visage.<br>
  • <font face="Arial, Verdana" size="2">For some reason I visualised Misscara as 5ft 5 max and dark short hair. I was convinced she was joking when she described herself above, but I was obviously completely off...</font>